Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:32 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
doodlemagic- Binance is a bit confusing. I bought some Ripple today but cannot see where it shows it on my account. Do you know how to find this? Is there a portfolio page somewhere?
On the top of the screen towards the right hand side you'll see a tab called orders. You can click open orders, order history, trade history. i'm a little confused myself the difference between order history and trade history.

That's one area where I actually prefer Bittrex ie on Bittrex if I'm on the trading page for say NEO at the bottom of the page I can see all my previous trades so saves me the trouble of flipping through multiple screens to check my buy price vs current price.

That said Binance has lower fees and lower withdrawl fees andmore coins so I'm willing to deal iwth it. I keep a scratch piece of paper with my buys on it for quicker checking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I found it, but you have to manually type in XRP. There is no central portfolio that shows what you own in your account.

Do you know the ticket symbol for Segwit2x? Online it says B2X, but I am unable to find anything with that ticker symbol on Binance.
Segwit2X is going to be B2X, however it hasn't shown up in my account yet and isn't listed on the exchange yet. CoinMarketCap.Com shows futures price being a bit over $300 but it's really low volume so hard to say what price will open up at

Old 12-30-2017, 07:22 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Segwit2X is going to be B2X, however it hasn't shown up in my account yet and isn't listed on the exchange yet. CoinMarketCap.Com shows futures price being a bit over $300 but it's really low volume so hard to say what price will open up at
Thanks. In hindsight, switching to Binance simply for the purpose of collecting 2x coins was not worth it since I don’t stand to receive enough 2x to offset transaction costs. That said it has been a positive experience overall since I dabbled in Ripple and made a few quick bucks. Thankfully I sold before it gave back most of the gains. Ripple rose like 100% yesterday.

Binance is a greatly superior trading platform/exchange to Coinbase and much lower fees, but their site is extremely confusing and not user friendly. There is no simple portfolio that shows your assets. You have to manually search to find your coins and dollars. Everything is denominated in BTC which makes computing buy and sell orders more complicated. I had to use multiple converter calculators to figure out between XRP- BTC- USD.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:35 AM

746 posts, read 1,324,897 times
Quote:
Binance is a greatly superior trading platform/exchange to Coinbase and much lower fees, but their site is extremely confusing and not user friendly. There is no simple portfolio that shows your assets. You have to manually search to find your coins and dollars. Everything is denominated in BTC which makes computing buy and sell orders more complicated. I had to use multiple converter calculators to figure out between XRP- BTC- USD.
Thanks for that info. How does Gdax compare to Binance?

Old 12-30-2017, 01:15 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
Haven't used Gdax or any other exchanges. Only Coinbase and Binance. Coinbase is a good beginner's exchange since it is simplistic. CB limits you to BTC, BCH, ETH, and LTE. Binance you get access to basically every crypto currency that exists.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks. In hindsight, switching to Binance simply for the purpose of collecting 2x coins was not worth it since I don’t stand to receive enough 2x to offset transaction costs. That said it has been a positive experience overall since I dabbled in Ripple and made a few quick bucks. Thankfully I sold before it gave back most of the gains. Ripple rose like 100% yesterday.

Hey Nole, yeah I think it's good to get comfortable moving coins and stuff around. I probably should have stressed how expensive Bitcoin fees are right now. At this point in time your almost always better off trading to Litecoin or Ethere, sending and then trading back to Bitcoin, those fees will be less than just simply sending Bitcoin.

In regards to Binance, I love the platform, my only complaint is the same as yours in the sense I have to toggle back and forth between the exchange and my balances and trade history to see my cost basis and stuff like that. That's one elemnt I think Bittrex is superior in that if I'm on the NEO page I can see my order history for that coin at the bottom of the page. Aside from that however I do prefer binance.

I think Ripple is incredibly overvalued right now. That doesn't mean it wont go higher because dumb money is flooding in right now and honestly people just hear about ripple and hear it may go on coinbase so they buy it buy in reality it's not decentralized Ripple can steal peoples coins or make them untradeable, there's 100 Billion coins which means at $10 per coin that gives it a 1 Trillion Dollar marketcap. Also I feel like Visa, Mastercard or any number of other companies could do something similar and blow Ripple off the map. That said it's hot right now so probably will continue to run despite not really being that great of a project IMHO.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I love GDAX but you can only trade Bitcoin, Litecoin, ethereum. One thing I really like about it is you can trade in Dollars ie I buy Litecoin at $200 and sell it for $300 and I easily know what I made. As Nole pointed out above using Binance or Bittrex or really any non fiat exchange it can be very complicated wrapping your head around 0.0005 Bitcoin as opposed to a Dollar number. The whole concept of trading in currency pairs is very confusing to people

Old 12-30-2017, 05:01 PM

746 posts, read 1,324,897 times
Quote:
I think Ripple is incredibly overvalued right now. That doesn't mean it wont go higher because dumb money is flooding in right now and honestly people just hear about ripple and hear it may go on coinbase so they buy it buy in reality it's not decentralized Ripple can steal peoples coins or make them untradeable, there's 100 Billion coins which means at $10 per coin that gives it a 1 Trillion Dollar marketcap. Also I feel like Visa, Mastercard or any number of other companies could do something similar and blow Ripple off the map. That said it's hot right now so probably will continue to run despite not really being that great of a project IMHO.
I greatly appreciate you sharing all the helpful information like this.

Quote:
Hey Nole, yeah I think it's good to get comfortable moving coins and stuff around. I probably should have stressed how expensive Bitcoin fees are right now. At this point in time your almost always better off trading to Litecoin or Ethere, sending and then trading back to Bitcoin, those fees will be less than just simply sending Bitcoin.
Is it possible to just get Litecoin, send back and forth to Binance, and bypass Bitcoin entirely?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
I greatly appreciate you sharing all the helpful information like this.

Is it possible to just get Litecoin, send back and forth to Binance, and bypass Bitcoin entirely?
Absolutely, I would actually recommend it as it's faster and cheaper to send. I don't recall if Binance has Litecoin pairs so you may have to swap to Bitcoin or Ethereum to trade in those pairs. I may suggest doing Ethereum if for no other reason than they have Ethereum pairs so you can send Ether and then trade in it. I personally normally swap to Bitcoin only because the Bitcoin rates ie 0.0004 for a particular coin is more ingrained in my head so it's easier for me to trade that pair than an Etehreum pair

Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,228 times
I didnt follow all the hardfolks during the holiday season. Did segwit2x happen? Apparently this was not the original segwit2x that was planned but the developera just copied the name ? I am loosing track
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing