Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:00 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,254 times

Advertisements

Does anyone believe that Muhammad was/is a false prophet? Or is he the one that Moses said would come?
What prophesies of Muhammad have come true?
Perhaps a Muslim can enlighten me.
I am writing a paper for a class and I know nothing about Muhammad.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
1-Prophet Muhammad predicted that the Muslims would open two cities, Istanbul and Rome. His companions asked him which one would be opened first, he replied Istanbul (present city of Contantinople in Turkey). The Muslims opened Istanbul in 1453 A.D. after fighting for 55 days. The leader of the Muslims was Muhammad Al Feteh. This ended the powerful empire of Rome. There were two major sects of Christianity: one is based in Rome and the other in Istanbul.

2-The Prophet saw 'Ali and Zubair one day laughing together, and he asked Ali if he loved Zubair. Ali replied: "How could I not love him since he is my nephew and co-religionist." The Prophet asked Zubair the same question, who gave a similar response. The Prophet then told Zubair that he would fight 'Ali, and that he would be the oppressor. So in the Battle of Jamal, when Ali and Zubair, in opposing camps came face to face. 'Ali reminded Zubair of the incident, and Zubair recalled, and said that he had forgotten, and he immediately left the battle field. So the battle took place as the Prophet had predicted, and Zubair was the oppressor, since Ali was the Rightful Caliph, and to oppose him with violence was wrong.

3-The Prophet said: "The Caliphate will last for thirty years, then there will be a biting kingship." So it happened. The rule of the Rightly Guided Caliphs was exactly thirty years: Abu Bakr for two, 'Umar for ten, 'Uthman for twelve, 'Ali for two and a half and Hassan three and a half. After that evil spread and kingship was established

4-The Muslims will fight two tribes. The first tribe has face like the hammer (the Mongolians). The second tribe wears furs and has small eyes (the Tartars (Taimur Lung and Genghis Khan). Both predictions occurred when these tribes destroyed the established Islamic state and captured the territories, except for the Arabian peninsula. But after a few years, they accepted Islam. There about 90,000,000 Muslims in China and around 80,000,000 Muslims in the former Republic of Soviet Union.

5-Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said to Caesar and Qisra that after their death there will be no more Caesar and Qisra.And these empires joined the Islamic state. This happened in 638 A.D. (during the period of the second Calipha Omar).

6-'Ali ibn Abi Talib, the fourth Rightly Guided Caliph, had also been informed by the Prophet of his assassination in such detail that he knew the man who was going to kill him, and identified him and pointed him out to the people. They asked 'Ali why he did not kill the man and he replied: "Then who will kill me?" The night preceding his assassination 'Ali had come out, and gazed at the sky and said: "By Allah he never told a lie, nor was a lie ever told to him." The next day the same man killed 'Ali, and his blood spilled down his beard, as the Prophet had described.

7- The Prophet also predicted the capture of Egypt, and told his companions to treat the people well, and that they would seize the treasures of the Persian Choseros (Emperor), who lives in the white palace, all of which they accomplished, and that Suraqa bin Malik (one of the companions) would have the bracelets of Caesar put on his hands. So it happened that some such bracelets fell into the possession of 'Umar and he called Suraqa, and placed the bracelets on him, reminding him of the Prophet's words.

8-The Prophet also predicted the dividing of the Muslims into many sects and mentioned some of their characteristics. The Prophet mentioned that some people would do to 'Ali what the Christians did to Jesus. This clearly refers to the Shi'a, who exaggerate in love and praise of 'Ali. One of the Shi'a sects, the Nusaria, actually worship him as the manifestation of Allah.

9- The Prophet also mentioned that a group would arise who will deny Allah's Qadr (Divine Decree) and he called them the "Magians of the Ummah", and so it happened, and they were called the Qadaria.

10- He also mentioned the appearance of those who would claim the Qur'an is created, and of those who would tell people to take only from the Qur'an and ignore the Sunnah (Prophetic Tradition), and these things have all come to pass.

11- The Prophet also predicted that from the tribe of a certain individual a group would arise who would used the verses of Qur'an pertaining to unbelievers on the believers, and that they should be fought and killed. So it happened that the first of the deviant sects to arise was the Khawarij, who said that 'Ali and Muwawia were unbelievers, and whoever did not believe this, then they also were unbelievers, and they would slaughter the Muslims, and they arose from the tribe of Tamim, as the Prophet had said.

12-Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) predicted that a time will come when people will have open sex in the streets and other public places. We see this in the theater, university campuses, etc.

13- Before his death, the Messenger called his daughter Fatima to his bedside and informed her that she would be the first among his family to join him after his death. Fatima joined her father, the pride of mankind, six months later.

14-As related by Hakim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Hanbal and Ibn Maja, by repeatedly declaring, You should, after my death, follow the way of Abu Bakr and ‘Umar,8 the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, meant that Abu Bakr and ‘Umar would succeed him as caliphs. He also predicted that Abu Bakr’s reign would be short, whereas ‘Umar would remain longer to be able
to make many conquests.

15-Once, when the Prophet woke up in the house of Umm Haram, the aunt of Anas ibn Malik, who served the Messenger for ten years in Madina, he smilingly said:
“I dreamt that my community would be waging war in the sea sitting on thrones like kings.” Umm Haram asked: ‘Pray that I too may be with them’. He said firmly: “You shall be.”

All this came true forty years later when Umm Haram accompanied her husband ‘Ubada ibn Samit, on the conquest of Cyprus. She died there, and her tomb has since been a visited place.

16-According to an authentic narration, the Prophet, upon him be peace and blessings, declared:From the tribe of Thaqif will appear a liar who claims Prophethood and a blood-thirsty tyrant.
By this, he gave tidings of the notorious Mukhtar, who claimed Prophethood, and the criminal Hajjaj, who killed tens of thousands of people.

17-Umar reports in a narration recorded in Sahih al-Muslim:
‘Before the Battle of Badr started, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, walked around the battlefield and pointed to some locations, saying, Abu Jahl will be killed here, ‘Utba here, Shayba here, Walid here, and so on. By God, we found, after the battle, the dead bodies of all those men in the exact places that God’s Messenger had pointed out

18-Bukhari, Muslim and Ahmad ibn Hanbal record:
During the construction of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina, God’s Messenger, upon him be peace and blessings, told ‘Ammar: “What a pity O ‘Ammar, a rebellious group will kill you.
Ammar was killed in the Battle of Siffin by the supporters of Mu‘awiya, who rebelled against Caliph ‘Ali

Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
I am writing a paper for a class and I know nothing about Muhammad.
You Must Know This Man (http://www.mohammad-pbuh.com/3/mustknow.htm - broken link)

Muhammad pbuh was born in Makkah in the year 570. Since his father died before his birth and his mother died shortly thereafter, he was raised by his uncle who was from the respected tribe of Quraysh. He was raised illiterate, unable to read or write, and remained so till his death. His people, before his mission as a prophet, were ignorant of science and most of them were illiterate. As he grew up, he became known to be truthful, honest, trustworthy, generous, and sincere. He was so trustworthy that they called him the Trustworthy. Muhammad pbuh was very religious, and he had long detested the decadence and idolatry of his society.
At the age of forty, Muhammad pbuh received his first revelation from God through the Angel Gabriel. The revelations continued for twenty-three years, and they are collectively known as the Quran.
As soon as he began to recite the Quran and to preach the truth which God had revealed to him, he and his small group of followers suffered persecution from unbelievers. The persecution grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them the command to emigrate. This emigration from Makkah to the city of Madinah, some 260 miles to the north, marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar.

After several years, Muhammad pbuh and his followers were able to return to Makkah, where they forgave their enemies. Before Muhammad pbuh died, at the age of sixty-three, the greater part of the Arabian Peninsula had become Muslim, and within a century of his death, Islam had spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China. Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the truth and clarity of its doctrine. Islam calls for faith in only one God, Who is the only one worthy of worship

Old 11-29-2008, 03:55 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Does anyone believe that Muhammad was/is a false prophet? Or is he the one that Moses said would come?
Is the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned in the Bible?
What sort of references can I use to confirm that what GOD intended as regards His will, and that His will has been changed by christian scribes/translators? Also, if you could tell me where in the Bible it speaks of the Prophet Muhammad, does it mention his name or it is symbolic?.
Islam Question and Answer - Is the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mentioned in the Bible?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Yes he is.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yes he is.
he is mentioned in the bible

it says in the Gospel of John 16:6-8, 12-13:

“It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor [Paraclete] will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin…

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”

(New International Version)

Old 03-21-2009, 10:04 AM

148 posts, read 294,292 times
The Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him and his family said:

"the Houre will not come till a fire will come out in the area near Madinad and it will enlighten the necks of the camels in Busra"

There is about 700 km between the 2 cities, and this happened in the past and many historian people wrote about it.

recently, I have read the scientific analysis for this fire which prove the truth of the prophet Mohammad Prayer and peace be upon him.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:50 AM

525 posts, read 948,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
The Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him and his family said:

"the Houre will not come till a fire will come out in the area near Madinad and it will enlighten the necks of the camels in Busra"

There is about 700 km between the 2 cities, and this happened in the past and many historian people wrote about it.

recently, I have read the scientific analysis for this fire which prove the truth of the prophet Mohammad Prayer and peace be upon him.

A Slave of Allah??!! omg

Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
he is mentioned in the bible

it says in the Gospel of John 16:6-8, 12-13:

“It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor [Paraclete] will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin…

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.”

(New International Version)
You have completely lost your mind, the counselor is the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Hmmm, wonder why the OP hasn't been back to thank Elwill for discussing Muhammad?

I think to answer the OP's question would be this simple...those who are not Muslims but rather Christians believe Muhammad to be a false prophet, otherwise they would be Muslims. Pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam