Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times

Advertisements

In Murder that is...

http://members.jacksonville.com/prem...apital-florida

Quote:
Statistics released Thursday show Jacksonville had the highest murder rate in Florida during the first six months of 2012 among large counties. Duval has held the top ranking for every year in the 21st century except 2010, when Miami edged into the lead.
11 out of 12 years in a row!!!

Congrats are in order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
It blooks like were also #1 in Tampa reta*ds posting in the Jax forum!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:57 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
Either go big or go home.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:33 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Duval Clan aint nothing to F\/cc with

Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyimetro View Post
duval clan aint nothing to f\/cc with
Fail!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 AM

227 posts, read 391,083 times
I don't even know why I'm feeding this troll, but it would stand to reason that the largest city in Florida would also have the highest murder rate. More people=more events. We also probably have the highest rate of people holding open doors, saying please and thank you, and letting pedestrians cross against the light, simply because we have the most people.

I grew up in a town of about 5000, and I don't know if there was a murder there the entire time I lived there. But, nobody ever bragged about our exceedingly low murder rate. Fewer people=fewer events. Math, it's what's for dinner!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 AM

232 posts, read 573,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspink View Post
I don't even know why I'm feeding this troll, but it would stand to reason that the largest city in Florida would also have the highest murder rate. More people=more events. We also probably have the highest rate of people holding open doors, saying please and thank you, and letting pedestrians cross against the light, simply because we have the most people.

I grew up in a town of about 5000, and I don't know if there was a murder there the entire time I lived there. But, nobody ever bragged about our exceedingly low murder rate. Fewer people=fewer events. Math, it's what's for dinner!
The statistic being referenced is not total number of murders. It's number of murders per 100,000 residents.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM

589 posts, read 850,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspink View Post

Come on Dude or Dudette? Really?

This study ranks PER CAPITA murders, not total murders. So yes, it's fair to claim that Jax/Duval is the worst.

Considering that the other highly rated Counties, (Dade, and Orange) include much higher transient traffic than Duval, I'd say we're even worst than it looks. We can't blame our crime on 'out of towners,' the way Miami or Orlando can.

Of course, I'm sure that FSU813 will soon chime in about how this is all just a devious plot by the insidious people at the Times-Union, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, all in an underhanded effort to make Jax look worse than it really is.

Yes, FSU will tell us that this is all because of those 'high crime' suburban areas that Jax annexed back in the 60's. You know, Ortega, Hidden Hills, Queens Harbor, etc. Why, in fact there hasn't been a murder at the Landing, in at least a month now!

Last edited by Nomad58; 11-27-2012 at 09:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 AM

Actually the development of Queens Harbor wasn't started until the late 1980's.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:59 AM

589 posts, read 850,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Actually the development of Queens Harbor wasn't started until the late 1980's.

Yes, you're right about Queens Harbor.

The main point I was making is that just about all of far East Arlington, (or the intercoastal West, if you prefer) is a lower than average crime area. I would think the same goes for the other annexed areas that are further from the city core.

As a result, when Jax annexed most of the County back in 68, the effect was that it substantially lowered the overall city crime rate. Without that annexation, our per capita crime rate would be a lot higher then it is now.

However in the past, FSU813 has argued that is it the 'high crime' suburbs that are driving our crime stats. No crime happening downtown, especially in Springfield.

I get no satisfaction from Jacksonvilles high crime rate, but I feel that it is important that we be honest with ourselves about where our problem is. Until we do that, it's going to be pretty hard to fix anything. That's why I jump on FSU every time he pimps for the downtown area. He doesn't give an honest depiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville