Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 05:25 AM

196 posts, read 427,963 times

Advertisements

We are currently considering building a Castille II in Austin Park by Cornerstone Homes (assuming we can get a lot there). Any thoughts in regards to Cornerstone? Positive/Negative - likes/dislikes? Hints on negociating? How are the fees in Austin Park? Everyone seems to love living there - we hope that we can join you within the next year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM

615 posts, read 1,713,854 times
We built with Taylor Morrison, so I don't have any personal experience with Cornerstone, but my friends who have built with them have been happy.

As for negotiating, do you have or have you considered getting an agent? Our house (a spec house that was about half complete) was out of our price range at the time we were looking, so much that I didn't even want to look it because I knew I would want it! Our real estate agent was able to negotiate the price down to what we felt comfortable paying plus a few little extras (screened lanai etc). I don't know what sort of flexibility you would have with a custom home, but since an agent works for you and is no cost to you, they're usually really helpful in negotiating. If you need a recommendation, I can send you the name of our agent - she was wonderful!

As for fees...we pay $600 a year in HOA dues and our CDD (paid through county taxes) is about $1800.

Hope you find something that will work - we'd love to have you!

Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM

196 posts, read 427,963 times
We have an agent, but she specializes in town real estate and I am not too sure what she knows about new home beach real estate. I would love the name of your agent - it is always good to have an experts opinion - especially someone that has already dealt with the new home builders. Thank you so much!

Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM

615 posts, read 1,713,854 times
Tried to send you a direct message, but it wouldn't let me. Hope this is OK to post on the board.

Our realtor's name is Lisa Menton. She's with the Watson office off 210.

St. Augustine & Jacksonville & Ponte Vedra Beach FL, 32082, 32092 real estate listings and homes for sale, home buying, home selling information

We've had great realtors and mediocre ones, and she has been one of the best. Knows the area really well, very "on top of things", easy to get in touch with and very much on your side as a client.

If you decide to give her a call, tell her Heather in Austin Park sent you.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:18 AM

77 posts, read 238,020 times
We found working with Cornerstone to be very easy and they welcome customization to their homes -- ask for it, and they'll quote you a price. Scott was our sales guy and did a great job. We didn't go with an agent, but instead got quite a few "freebies" when we signed. We signed our paperwork at the end of May and moved in the second week of December. We would visit our house weekly to see the progress, take pictures and make notes to email the construction manager, and they always followed up quickly. Also, once you sign up, you can take your paperwork to the Nocatee Resident Services and they'll give you your passes to the park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville