Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:06 PM

43 posts, read 115,284 times

Advertisements

Wow I'm surprised to hear that about UNF. The curriculum for the exercise program and the psychology program at UNF seems to be very particular. Maybe their strong point is in the health sciences? What is FCCJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightman_Cometh View Post
Some graduates that I have met from UNF recently makes it seem like diplomas are a dime a dozen. These kids (4 of them) recently graduated from UNF with a BA in Mass Communications (film and video production).

All 4 of them couldnt white balance, couldnt hold a shot, didnt know how to adjust a tripod and froze when I tried to explain how to use Final Cut Pro (industry standard editing program). I learned all of that at FCCJ in the 1st semester.

Also met 2 current business students who are in their senior year (probably graduated now) and they both said it was a waste of time and money and they have learned next to nothing.
UNF can be relatively easy, I won't lie. I got my BA and MBA in Business Administration from there and my classes were ridiculously easy, made A's all the way through. I feel like I got something out of my education as I'm putting to use the knowledge/skills I've gained.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,511,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowYourDreams View Post
Wow I'm surprised to hear that about UNF. The curriculum for the exercise program and the psychology program at UNF seems to be very particular. Maybe their strong point is in the health sciences? What is FCCJ?
FCCJ is no more .... it is now FSCJ Florida State College Jacksonville its the old Florida Community College Jacksonville.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:30 AM

43 posts, read 115,284 times
Oh well that is too bad, I called FSCJ and they didn't have either of the programs I am wanting to do.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:31 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,166,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowYourDreams View Post
Oh well that is too bad, I called FSCJ and they didn't have either of the programs I am wanting to do.
Yeah, FSCJ only offers a handful of Bachelors degree programs right now.

Anyway, knowing nothing about your program, your likes and dislikes, and your situation, it sounds like UNF might be better based on what you've said. On a very broad level it's better value, a larger school with slightly more options for both undergrad and grad, and it seems like it's a push on your academic interests since you say it would better prepare you for a grad program. If only you could visit and see what suits you better. Luckily you'll only be there for one year so it won't be as consequential as it could be if you were an incoming freshman.

For what it's worth, UNF would generally be the safer choice. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville