Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM

107 posts, read 220,721 times

Advertisements

PopWarner,
Your budget is very similar to what mine was when I was searching(1100 for me max). I will tell you when I started looking about a month ago, the inventory was vast, and there's even more out there right now. I was searching craigslist, trulia, zillow daily, and wanted to stay away from the apt. complexes, and went with a property managed condo in a gated community.

Will you get a chance to visit Jax before moving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 AM

178 posts, read 328,603 times
I live in the Five Points neighborhood of Riverside and often visit the Target store which is just before NAS. It's about 15 minutes because of the neighborhood streets you have to travel to get to US 17 but there are many places for rent that are closer to main highway. Traffic all depends on what shift you'd be working at NAS, but it's definitely not a bad commute. The Beaches to NAS would be a long drive even on a good day and the Buckman bridge can be a real hassle.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM

448 posts, read 829,403 times
From the corner of Park St and Stockton St (the middle of Riverside) to the front gate at NAS Jax is 10.5 miles and would take about 20 minutes. Depending on which shift your on you could maybe add another 10 minutes to your commute for traffic and the traffic lights you may catch.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:21 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopWarner View Post
The more I read everyone's posts, Riverside is looking like the way I'm leaning.

If I end up moving to Riverside, will traffic to and from NAS even be that bad? Of course I don't know, but I assume that it wouldn't be too crazy since I'll be headed away from downtown on my way to work. Any ideas on the average commute time I'll be looking at?
Riverside is great. In any of those top 6 I mentioned you'd find more young professional types than the rest of Jax.

The commute to base is 15 minutes, depending.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 PM

7 posts, read 9,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan2012 View Post
PopWarner,
Your budget is very similar to what mine was when I was searching(1100 for me max). I will tell you when I started looking about a month ago, the inventory was vast, and there's even more out there right now. I was searching craigslist, trulia, zillow daily, and wanted to stay away from the apt. complexes, and went with a property managed condo in a gated community.

Will you get a chance to visit Jax before moving?

I'll definitely be taking about a week off to fly down to Jax before I make the move. I made the mistake of making my decision on the North Chicago apartment I currently live in over the phone rather than making the trip to physically see the apartment complex prior to my move. I can't complain about my current apartment amenities, but the location is really not what I had pictured.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
Riverside is great. In any of those top 6 I mentioned you'd find more young professional types than the rest of Jax.

The commute to base is 15 minutes, depending.
Thanks again for the input!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
Yeah, what are you looking to spend anyway?

He's in the Navy, so he should be able to afford a place in Riverside I would imagine. Here's a place I would definitely check out if I were him and he were here. However, neither of which are true, but here it is anyways:

Fab Five Points Cozy One Bedroom. Call today!

The place is 2 blocks from 5 Points, has on site laundry and is pet friendly for gosh sakes.
This location sounds great, but I'd prefer a little more square footage.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
id go Rverside

Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 AM

448 posts, read 829,403 times
Here's a list of rentals n Riverside for you to peruse.

For rent riverside jacksonville fl 32205 - Trovit Homes

Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwebb49 View Post
Here's a list of rentals n Riverside for you to peruse.

For rent riverside jacksonville fl 32205 - Trovit Homes
Wow, thanks a lot for this link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville