Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM

22 posts, read 107,979 times

Advertisements

Hi. I have posted before about PVB neighborhoods and you all have been so helpful. We are visiting Jax as I write this and have looked at a few housing possibilities in Sawgrass Players Club. I was wondering if any of you know if that neighborhood (Cypress Creek, Salt Creek) is particularly family friendly. We really want a neighborhood with lots of kids -- school aged in particular. Thanks for your help!
Cathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 PM

895 posts, read 4,251,573 times
Hi Cathy: I've been behind the bus and it seems to make a lot of stops. The bus drives through Sawgrass a little after 2. I know it sounds crazy but why don't you drive through around that time and see if the bus is in there. I don't think Sawgrass is packed with kids but I do know a few families that live there. I know a family in Salt Creek but I've never seen kids outside playing after school...

Don't know if that helps.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:32 AM

Thanks. Yes, we wanted to go back and drive around, but it is gated. I think we can go in with the real estate agent only -- bummer. I've always heard that you should drive around neighborhoods at varying times of the day, but it's really hard when they are gated -- and many here are. I remember that you lived in Marsh Landing -- were there lots of kids there or was it a street by street sort of thing? Marsh Landing is a little high for us, but after what we saw yesterday we may be increasing our price range. Also, do you know what middle and high school private schools people in PVB use if they don't use public? It seems that the bigger private ones all are located very far away from PVB. Is that a commute that most make without hesitation? We are going to start with public, but we may do private for middle and/or high school depending on how things go. Thanks!
Cathy

Old 02-16-2008, 06:41 AM

93 posts, read 287,892 times
Hi Cathy
Did you ever end up gettin into Sawgrass?

Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 AM

Still looking. We're coming back down at the end of March to buy for sure. We're looking hard at houses now to do our homework before we come. It's so hard to decide if we should stretch ourselves to the max to get into Marsh Landing, go middle of the road and try for Sawgrass Players Club, or be much more comfortable (and much farther south) in Sawmill Lakes or Odoms Mill. Just not sure what the right decision is...and we have only a month to figure it out!

Wish us luck.

Cathy

Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Best of luck in your decisions. sounds like your putting a lot of thought into your decision. good. lots of people just jump, then remember they never learned to swim.
Interest rates are low...good
lots to choose from..... good
Probably the right time to buy....
might try and throw some L O W offers on your favorite high priced 3 houses
and maybe?? Everything on earth is negotiable, take down your barriers.
Lots of Realtors will not like this but, your buying and paying for the house soooo.... just throw an see what sticks

Best of luck and keep me posted. I'm six months behind you.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:17 AM

49 posts, read 200,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy D. View Post
Still looking. We're coming back down at the end of March to buy for sure. We're looking hard at houses now to do our homework before we come. It's so hard to decide if we should stretch ourselves to the max to get into Marsh Landing, go middle of the road and try for Sawgrass Players Club, or be much more comfortable (and much farther south) in Sawmill Lakes or Odoms Mill. Just not sure what the right decision is...and we have only a month to figure it out!

Wish us luck.

Cathy
good luck! I live in CT, but have family in Sawgrass, and it's so nice.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:04 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,028,472 times
Ask your Realtor to run comps for you on the neighborhoods you have narrowed it down to. That will show you original price, selling price and the % of list/sell price. Good luck with your decision. This is a great time to buy.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Ask your Realtor to run comps for you on the neighborhoods you have narrowed it down to. That will show you original price, selling price and the % of list/sell price. Good luck with your decision. This is a great time to buy.
Agree whole heartedly greatlife. It is a great time to buy a home....

Pull the trigger Cathy D. The kids will find playmates....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville