Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
40+ 40+ started this thread

19 posts, read 103,740 times

Advertisements

Please list what church you go to and what you like about it. I can't fix the "title", I should have said NW St John's/210 area/Julington area.

We are looking for a Christian Church that has great children's/teen programs. We also like the more contemporary music and not too stuffy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 10:36 PM

10 posts, read 30,595 times
I am relocating to attend one of our satellite churches in Jacksonville called Faith Christian Center Bishop George Davis. He is very practical and what an awesome ministry.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,184 times
I love Swiss Cove Christian Church. They have a great contemporary worship service and their children's and student programs are out of this world. They have been such a huge blessing to me and my family. Also check out the Voyage, it's a really cool service they do for kids and parents to go to together. Their web site is [url=http://www.swisscovechristian.com]Swiss Cove Christian Church[/url]

Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM

9 posts, read 28,973 times
Celebration Church has a campus that meets I believe at the Bartram Trail High School. It is known all over the country for their worship music, and is very contemporary. It is the 7th fastest growing church in the united states for a reason! You can visit www.celebration.org for more information on services as well as the church.

As far as the kids programs go, they are simply unparalleled. my kids LOVE going to church, and want to go as much as possibly, enough said about that!!!! They even have their own worship bands for the elementary as well as high school. It is a very diverse church in general, and truly represents all cultures and demographics in Northeast Florida. The lead pastor, Stovall Weems is a young and very powerful leader. Check out the site, if you like a good contemporary church with awesome music, that is doing great stuff in the community, you should definately head over and check it out.

Last edited by mikelinkenauger; 10-21-2008 at 10:56 AM..

Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 PM
40+ 40+ started this thread

19 posts, read 103,740 times
Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:30 PM

37 posts, read 149,402 times
We live in MuraBella near World Golf Village and like Turning Point at Calvary - it is ON SR16.. so probably still a little out of the way.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 PM

3 posts, read 7,992 times
Im not sure what denomination church you are looking for, but there is a Catholic Church in Switzerland or near there with a great youth program called "Lifeteen". They also have contemporary music as well. Ive heard great things about it as I have friends that go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville