Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,989 times

Advertisements

Need someplace that can do some quality installations & take direction because I know exactly what I want.

I already have my own equipment that consists of a satellite radio receiver, an auxiliary input switcher for an iPod (or multiple portable devices) & the cables to go with everything that all needs to be mounted, wires hidden, buttons accessible, etc. Not an insane setup, but not simple either. Money is no object because I want it done right & proper the first time.

I'm not opposed to someplace like Best Buy installations, but just as long as they're professional, know what they're doing & do a great job. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 02:01 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,565,938 times
These guys are top-notch:

Ichiban Hydraulics

Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,973 times
Just stay away from Daddy O's. All I wanted was an installation of a satellite radio antenna. It took them several hours, and they mounted the antenna on the inside of the car, despite my insistence that it be on the outside. The dude's response? "I personally think it looks better on the inside, not on the roof." I informed him that I didn't give a flying fornication what his opinion was...I said I wanted it on the outside.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM

702 posts, read 2,185,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
Just stay away from Daddy O's. All I wanted was an installation of a satellite radio antenna. It took them several hours, and they mounted the antenna on the inside of the car, despite my insistence that it be on the outside. The dude's response? "I personally think it looks better on the inside, not on the roof." I informed him that I didn't give a flying fornication what his opinion was...I said I wanted it on the outside.
I also do not care for Daddy-o's, they screwed up my husband's car.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
Thanks. Yes, thats exactly the kinda place I wanna stay away from. The "we know better than you" places.

Any installer who mounts a satellite radio antenna on the inside of the car is just not very bright & good at what they do. Those tiny antennas aren't meant for inside use & they SPECIFICALLY say it in the instructions.

Sure it may work, but not to its full capacity & you'll get more signal drop-outs. Thats a guarantee.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 PM

116 posts, read 419,648 times
I'm tracking this thread as I am also interested in getting some car stereo equipment installed soon.

Also FYI, I have my satellite radio antenna on the inside (rear deck) for aesthetic reasons, and I can attest that the signal does fade in heavy tree cover or if you're sitting under a bridge or something but it's not bad by any means. I prefer dealing with that minor issue over potentially scratching the paint on my car or dealing with water-intrusion issues.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 PM

859 posts, read 3,618,531 times
so you're not installing tv in every seat and in the trunk? get a written statement of some sort that they're liable for any damages. take a before pix photo just to be safe.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:01 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE4309 View Post
I'm tracking this thread as I am also interested in getting some car stereo equipment installed soon.

Also FYI, I have my satellite radio antenna on the inside (rear deck) for aesthetic reasons, and I can attest that the signal does fade in heavy tree cover or if you're sitting under a bridge or something but it's not bad by any means. I prefer dealing with that minor issue over potentially scratching the paint on my car or dealing with water-intrusion issues.
Your experience differs from mine. My antenna was installed on my front dash, and I get signal drops everywhere that my wife does not get signal drops (her antenna is on the outside of the car (rear roof), where it should be).

I'm just a stickler for customer service. If I tell you how I want something, and I'm paying you for it, it's not too much to demand that you do it my way.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:55 PM

116 posts, read 419,648 times
I don't blame you one bit...I specifically asked that the antenna be mounted on the rear deck. For the record, Sound Advice did the install on that car and I was very happy with their customer service and quality of work.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:05 PM

I'm gonna be holding off maybe about a week longer on the install. I got to thinking that a bluetooth handsfree car kit w/ stereo bluetooth integration would probably be a good idea to future-proof the car. Pretty much the last 2 phones I've bought have had the option of streaming music wirelessly, so might as well do it all at once.

Thats right, folks. I'm getting geeking it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville