Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 AM
TD* TD* started this thread

1,695 posts, read 4,155,296 times

Advertisements

Hello, I will be moving to Jax Soon and I need a good idea of where I should be looking to live in Jax.

I will also be looking for a job which I have no clue what industry it will be in.

Which sides of Jax are the best to live on?

I will be looking for a room share in a house probably not an apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,296,837 times
1) what is your budget?

2) how old are you?

i'm guerssing you are young and don't have a large budget for rent ($500 or under).

if this is true then these areas would be ideal:

- the Southside of town around UNF, lots of young people sharing houses there

- Riverside/Avondale/San Marco/Springfield are older neighborhgoods that surrond Downtown. They are all popular with young people....Riverside will probably have the most options, Springfield is where you can get the most for your money

- the Beaches, in general, would be another option...though probably not as much of what you are looking for as the other 2 in terms of housing.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM

509 posts, read 1,683,672 times
Wow! Jacksonville can be expensive if you don't have a job to go to.
If I were in your spot, I'd try to get a job before I moved. There are several hospitals, NAS Jax, and other employers that might interest you. How much money you are earning will probably dictate what you can afford to rent.
Good luck!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:33 PM

14 posts, read 46,395 times
Umm... Ponte Vedra is the best part of town But, it's not really Jacksonville .

If you stay close to UNF, you can get some really great deals on housing. I think since the housing crash, the real estate (including rentals) have decreased. So, you should be able to find something pretty affordable.

Given that you don't have a job yet, you should probably look for an option that will give you a short term lease. Then, when you do find work, you can move relatively easily to be closer to your job.

Good luck with your hunt!

Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 AM

924 posts, read 2,609,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahastar View Post
Wow! Jacksonville can be expensive if you don't have a job to go to.
If I were in your spot, I'd try to get a job before I moved. There are several hospitals, NAS Jax, and other employers that might interest you. How much money you are earning will probably dictate what you can afford to rent.
Good luck!
I'm pretty sure any place would be expensive if you don't have a job...

To the OP:

Step 1 - Find Job

Step 2 - Move near job

Things should really be done in that order...

Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM

204 posts, read 636,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
I'm pretty sure any place would be expensive if you don't have a job...

To the OP:

Step 1 - Find Job

Step 2 - Move near job

Things should really be done in that order...
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville