Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM

5 posts, read 14,662 times

Advertisements

Moving to Jax in 1.5 months to start residency at Shands. Thought these apts looked reasonable online. Would like to live around fellow young professionals who appreciate peace and quiet. Heard good things about Village Walk in a previous post. Thanks in advance.

village walk
springs at orange park
williams walk at bartram park
montreaux condos
aventine at town center
avenue royale
mirabella
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 03:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times
ford
I am familiar with Village walk

the aventine at towne center is very new. The only "drawback" would be the continued construction of the towne center that and the traffic may not provide the "peace and quiet" you would need

not familiar with the rest.

lol my husband was reading over my shoulder and said "I wouldn't live in Orange Park if I was heading to shands everyday"

I did find a couple condos in the 9/a baymeadows area that were between $985 to $1000 a month and you would be just down the road from JTB

karla

Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM

6 posts, read 35,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
Moving to Jax in 1.5 months to start residency at Shands. Thought these apts looked reasonable online. Would like to live around fellow young professionals who appreciate peace and quiet. Heard good things about Village Walk in a previous post. Thanks in advance.

village walk
springs at orange park
williams walk at bartram park
montreaux condos
aventine at town center
avenue royale
mirabella
You won't find many young professionals in Jax at all. I lived in Williams walk my first year here, very nice place with nice people, but few "professionals". There were a few in their 20s but they were living the non-college lifestyle.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:13 PM

18 posts, read 62,298 times
Default Jax condos

I am familiar with the area where Montreaux is although I haven't been inside any of the condos. It is a good area and would be more convenient to Shands than Orange Park. That area is more young professionals than I would think Orange Park or St. Johns County which are very family or retiree populated. There are several other condos in that area and they are also good, Il Villagio is one. Google search for condos on Touchton Rd. or around Tinseltown to find the names. Heritage at Deerwood on Burnt Mill Rd would be good also as construction is complete but it is close to all those good areas such as Tinseltown and the Towncenter. Towncenter condos like the other poster said are new and there will be a lot of construction around. The traffic on 9A at JTB can be bad as they are still constructing the access ramps and they aren't scheduled for completion for a couple of years. You would want to avoid that intersection going either north or south on 9A. There are probably 250 places to eat in a 5 mile radius of Montreaux and everything is very convenient.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,109 times
NO on Il Villagio. There are many people with "moisture" problems. (possibly mold)

Old 06-22-2009, 08:43 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,282,878 times
Hello Ford,

I work on Shands campus as well (not AT Shands, but next door at the Proton center). DO NOT live in Orange Park. That commute would be hell to & from everyday.

I live about 3 blocks away in Springfield (nice & quiet, not a lot of young professionals though...which I am, btw) so I walk to work most days. Can't beat that, eh? It'll be hard to find a concentrated area exclusively of young professionals really, but there are pockets....mostly on the Southside of town (some of which you have named). However, there are general areas or neighborhoods that have more young pros than others : Riverside/Avondale & San Marco. These are 2 of the historic/urban areas that surrond Downtown (each about 10-15 minutes from Shands). They don't have large complexes persay, but they are generally considered two of the few "cool" places to be for young professionals. Nice nightlife, close to downtown, 1/2 from the beaches, and you'd be close to work, neither are overly loud or obnoxious either. Riverside is a little more casual, ecclectic, artsy, etc and San Marco is little more posh & upscale. They are across the river from one another, both just off I-95. Both are VERY walkable with lots of cafes, botiques, restauarnts, parks, the river, all with-in walking distance.....many very close. Anyways, since there are no large complexes you'll want to stick to Craigs List or Traditionsjax.com. Plenty of options as there are tons of aprtaments in these areas.

FYI: For young professionals, being close to San Marco Square would be nice (in San Marco) or (in Riverside/Avondale) being close to 5 Points, Park & King, or Shoppes of Avondale as well.

If you like swimming pools, new construction, and shopping malls you'll prolly want to stick with the Southside though.....not much of that in these areas.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,410 times
Do not live at mirabella. The place is a rat trap. I lived there for 2 years and it was the worst experience of my life!!! The walls are made of paper ma'shae (you can hear everything your neighbors do.) the only people who don't move out of that hole in the wall are foreigners who are not friendly at all. You won't have any peace and quiet whatsoever. Please take my advice and don't move there. Save yourself the trouble.

Old 04-15-2010, 03:18 PM

37 posts, read 95,308 times
williams walk at bartram park is a nice place, I dont know about young 20 somethings. Its really a nice place, close by everything. Everything is new and its right by I-95. The man concern I would see is that is a long drive from shands to williams walk at bartram park.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:25 AM

154 posts, read 324,212 times
I'm voting for Montreaux or Drayton Park (next door). You will have ample shopping at your doorstep, many restauants, and I think it would be fairly quiet although this is a heavily developed area. The commute to Proton would be pretty much a breeze -- 15 minutes? Bartram Park is nice but the commute might be too demanding. I wouldn't recommend Orange Park. Southern Pines in Baymeadows is really nice, but a longer commute than Montreaux. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 AM

35 posts, read 86,601 times
Any one familiar with living at Banyan Bay on San Pablo Road?? I'm in NH and it looks great online, near enough to grab the bus to the beach...or should I look in Neptune Beach or Jax Beach instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville