Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
So she was 18 when she was caught shoplifting? That's old enough to know better. I wouldn't want her handling my money.
Wow, really? You're a real jerk for saying that. People are allowed to make mistakes in their lives, especially when they're teens. Nobody is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM

149 posts, read 259,742 times
Quote:
Sounds like they just wanted an excuse to get rid of her so they don't have to pay retirement or her medical cost way too much for them. Horrible thing to do though.
Exactly, a cheap ruse to fire her before she reaches retirement age.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,013,580 times
That's terrible! I would have fought it tooth and nail, most jobs don't care about anything done 10 years prior as it is!

I didn't even know banks did such extensive background checks...

Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
WOW. One or more higher-ups at Wells Fargo had to have been desperate for any small reason to fire her, because I just can't fathom any *sane* reason to $hit-can someone under such seemingly trivial circumstances. No, it doesn't necessarily justify anything, I'm just thinking out loud.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:47 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,517,433 times
It was probably for lying on the application. You know, the line where it asks if you have EVER been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. If she said no and the answer should have been yes, she was well old enough to know you shouldn't lie.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Wells Fargo is dirty. I knew people who have worked for other companies for 20+ years and when Wells Fargo bought them out. They got fired and didn't even gave them a reason for the firing. Others got fired for the dumbest thing.
I worked as a teller for Wachovia when Wells Fargo bought them out and thankfully got out before the transition was completed. Wachovia had a pretty lenient time out of balance policy where anything $5 and under did not count as a time out of balance and you only got into real big trouble if you had more than one per month. Wells Fargo's policy was to be balanced to the penny and 3 strikes total you are out. Don't make insane sales goals, they will bounce you fast. I went to work for a credit union and never looked back.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
So she was 18 when she was caught shoplifting? That's old enough to know better. I wouldn't want her handling my money.
So by your logic; someone who accidentially walks out the store with 6 plates when they only pay for 5, and does an hour or two in the police station cell before the store owner says it was not worth prosecuting them and the person gives the extra plate back should have no business helping you plan your estate or investments even if they have years of experience and a great track record?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM

249 posts, read 424,803 times
This woman needs to read Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables" if she hasn't already -- her life is a real-world, 21st-century version of that of protagonist Jean Valjean. Commits a minor crime and then lives an entirely upright life for decades, but is still hounded by the authorities due to a technicality.

Actually it's a good enough book that anyone should read it!

Old 04-03-2013, 10:40 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Wow, really? You're a real jerk for saying that. People are allowed to make mistakes in their lives, especially when they're teens. Nobody is perfect.
Forgiving the fact that you personally attacked someone, I disagree with the premise of your opinion. There's a difference between making the mistake of trying a cigarette at 13 and making the mistake of shoplifting at 18.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,517,433 times
Only if a person admits to a mistake can they be forgiven for it. If this person failed to disclose on the app then they were fired for lying. And the lie is much more recent then the theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search