Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM

205 posts, read 245,277 times

Advertisements

Well, after a long and arduous search, I got a job at a restaurant. It wasn't the best job because the managers were rude during the interview process and I had to go back 4 times, with them even canceling on me once and not even calling to let me know. The position would be a waiter position. I don't particularly like working around food, but I will do it if I have to, however, due to the mannerisms of management, I am afraid that these people will not be nice people to work around (just management though), but I really need the money and I could get tips.

Which leads me to my current dilemma. A person called me about an interview with a place that I would like to work at for this week, and I had another interview last week and they told me that they would call me to schedule a time for a second interview later this week because I just got off the phone with them.

I was hoping to put all the interviews on the same day this week so it would be easier for me, but now it looks like one is at 1pm on Wednesday and the other will either be thursday or friday. How can I attend these interviews if I am now working at the restaurant? I am afraid that if I tell them that I am now working there that they may decline to give me the interview since I will already have a job and I am still willing to leave, showing basically no employee loyalty to my new employer. I am basically trying to do this without burning bridges. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search