Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 PM

361 posts, read 724,843 times

Advertisements

So I interviewed for this position a month ago but never heard back from the recruiter or the manager. I kept getting phone calls from other recruiters but I just never returned their calls.

Today though, I got another standard email from the original recruiter, telling me he has scheduled an interview with a manager. The email didn't mention anything about the previous interview.

I'm still looking for a job but I actually wanted to change fields. That's why I didn't really follow up with the other recruiters. I still haven't found a job, but I'm reluctant to interview again for this position. I guess I won't have a choice since I'm still unemployed.

Also, I find it weird that I keep getting emails and calls from them-especially the original recruiter- when I already had an interview.

So how do you guys think I should respond to the email?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 PM

382 posts, read 664,066 times
Are you sure that position actually exists? Is this done via staffing agency?

Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
It's perfectly ok to apply to multiple jobs at multiple companies at any one time. I'm not sure if the recruiters trying to contact you are in-house or 3rd-party but you might want to respond to them just to see what opportunities they have, especially since you're currently unemployed.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 PM

361 posts, read 724,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant_ZZZ View Post
Are you sure that position actually exists? Is this done via staffing agency?
Well, it's still being advertised on their website and it is a very well known bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It's perfectly ok to apply to multiple jobs at multiple companies at any one time. I'm not sure if the recruiters trying to contact you are in-house or 3rd-party but you might want to respond to them just to see what opportunities they have, especially since you're currently unemployed.
The recruiters are 3rd party. I almost feel like they will get some kind of commission if I get hired. Some of them have been pretty persistent.

The thing is this last recruiter who contacted me is the one who got me the first interview with a manager. I'm very tempted to respond by saying that I already interviewed for the position.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:33 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
So I interviewed for this position a month ago but never heard back from the recruiter or the manager. I kept getting phone calls from other recruiters but I just never returned their calls.

Today though, I got another standard email from the original recruiter, telling me he has scheduled an interview with a manager. The email didn't mention anything about the previous interview.

I'm still looking for a job but I actually wanted to change fields. That's why I didn't really follow up with the other recruiters. I still haven't found a job, but I'm reluctant to interview again for this position. I guess I won't have a choice since I'm still unemployed.

Also, I find it weird that I keep getting emails and calls from them-especially the original recruiter- when I already had an interview.

So how do you guys think I should respond to the email?

I would say every 5-6 months. I interviewed for a position in June of 2012 and then applied again in November of 2012 and interviewed again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search