Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 10:04 AM

26 posts, read 106,959 times

Advertisements

I had phone interviews with 3 companies a few weeks ago for a job in a different city/state from where I currently live (I am hoping to move to that city if one of these jobs works out). All 3 companies asked me to fly there for a 2nd interview in person, which I did last Friday. I thought all 3 interviews went well, and all 3 jobs said they would call me to touch base early this week. On Monday, I left "thank you" voice mails with each of the people who interviewed me, but it is now Saturday and I still have not heard back from any of them! I really need an answer ASAP because I will need to renew my current work contract this week if those new jobs don't work out, and the new companies all know about that. When do you think it is appropriate to contact them again? Technically, I have already followed up once when I called to say "thank you for taking the time to interview me." I don't want to seem impatient, but I do think it's weird that they never got back to me this week as they had said they would (especially from one specific interviewer who seemed like she was very interested in hiring me, and even took the time to give me a full tour of the facility after the interview).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 05:00 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,600,550 times
You should probably get that thank you letter in the mail on Monday. But keep in mind that HR departments are really slow about getting around to making official offers. My current job had me cooling my heels for two weeks after my second interview. Then I got an unofficial offer and it was another two weeks before HR caught up and called with the official offer. At that time I was able to choose a start date that would allow me to wrap up nicely with the ob I was leaving.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:39 PM

26 posts, read 106,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
You should probably get that thank you letter in the mail on Monday. But keep in mind that HR departments are really slow about getting around to making official offers. My current job had me cooling my heels for two weeks after my second interview. Then I got an unofficial offer and it was another two weeks before HR caught up and called with the official offer. At that time I was able to choose a start date that would allow me to wrap up nicely with the ob I was leaving.
Thanks for the advice I reallllly hope it doesn't take that long for me to hear back from them. Now we are just a week or so away from Christmas, and I am sure everything will come to a screeching halt between next Monday and the following Friday after New Years week, so this is my 'fingers crossed' week that I hear something before this Friday! I really want to check in with them all again, but I just don't want to come across as desperate or too much of a nag.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:44 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,764,655 times
usually i dont send thank you letters or anything until i receive an offer...i figure if the company wants you they want you...if they dont they dont a thank you letter wont change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search