Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:03 PM

162 posts, read 247,650 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there is a certain day(s) or part of the week (beginning/end) that job offers are usually extended to candidates?

I have experienced and researched that most days candidates are terminated are on Friday's. I can attest to that being trust, at least in my case.

Anyway, just wondering what all of your experiences have been? Do most candidates do Monday's, or usually later in the week?

Would really appreciate some experiences, thoughts, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 09:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
its any day of the week, there isn't any science to it.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
All I can say is I never received a job offer on a friday in all my experiences of being offered the job.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:50 AM

17 posts, read 45,224 times
I think it's typically Tuesday through Thursday

Old 06-22-2015, 05:42 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
All I can say is I never received a job offer on a friday in all my experiences of being offered the job.
My current job I was offered over the phone on Friday morning, got offer letter Friday afternoon, and received a couple text messages from the hiring manager on Sunday hurrying me to sign and email him back the letter.

Old 06-22-2015, 08:45 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman136 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there is a certain day(s) or part of the week (beginning/end) that job offers are usually extended to candidates?

I have experienced and researched that most days candidates are terminated are on Friday's. I can attest to that being trust, at least in my case.

Anyway, just wondering what all of your experiences have been? Do most candidates do Monday's, or usually later in the week?

Would really appreciate some experiences, thoughts, etc.
I'd say your analogy is a bit flawed. Being fired on Fridays (whether be a psychological phenomenon or just a factor with payroll) is more akin to starting a new job - which is often on Mondays.

When a job offer is extended is pretty arbitrary. Sort of like when you may be told of a promotion, or being put on a PIP. It's typically done once the internal approval process is complete.

Just an opinion of course.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:40 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmizzyy View Post
I think it's typically Tuesday through Thursday
That's been my experience never ever on a Friday. That's why when I was unemployed I would stop searching on a friday at 3pm because I knew most businesses was focused on the weekend and not calling someone to offer them the job.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,702,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
That's been my experience never ever on a Friday. That's why when I was unemployed I would stop searching on a friday at 3pm because I knew most businesses was focused on the weekend and not calling someone to offer them the job.
What in the world does 'searching for a job' have anything to do with the OPs question of 'when is the typical day of week to be offered a job'?

I wouldn't even know where to begin on any of this. Is this thread actually for real? You are both kidding, right?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
What in the world does 'searching for a job' have anything to do with the OPs question of 'when is the typical day of week to be offered a job'?

I wouldn't even know where to begin on any of this. Is this thread actually for real? You are both kidding, right?

My job search time was 9am to 6pm which was also the time my phone line was open for companies to call me for interviews or job offers. So I only expected calls from companies from Mon to Thurs, 9am to 4pm and on Fridays, 9am to 2pm.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:40 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
There is no rule. I extended an offer to one candidate 10 days ago on a Friday, and another one today on a Monday. It simply depends upon when I made my decision and had time to make the call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search