Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 07:16 AM

28 posts, read 32,576 times

Advertisements

About 2 years ago I started my job as a senior engineer.
About a year ago, my boss, the director, said he needed help with managing the group and promoted me to manager.
About 2 months ago, my boss told me that he wanted me to be back to an engineer.

For this and other reasons I started looking for a new job. Since my role is now engineer again and I was kinda doing that anyway (less managing and more engineering) for now 2 years I put that as my title on my resume. However, HR has not caught up and still as my title as manager in their system.

I have received an offer the job pending background checks. I'm worried about they will check my current employer and it was a manager even though my role is engineer. I have to give notice but I'm afraid to if I come back and that there's a discrepancy we don't want you anymore and then I'm out of a job. It's not a discrepancy because it's true its just HR has not caught up with the rollback of title.

What should I do? What will they check current employer for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 08:22 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
why would the new company care? If it comes up you can say they needed extra help with the management side but you still did engineering work. I wouldn't be concerned.. Now if you said you were a manager, when you had just been an engineer that might pose a problem.
but to answer your question they will typically ask employment dates, title, pay rate and if there are any comments about you

Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
They are probably just looking to conform dates of employment rather than job titles. As long as you were actually employed there during the time you listed I wouldn't worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search