Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,920 times

Advertisements

Advice: If you feel that the cowboys are circling you, do what i do! Just don't click on their names. What you don't know, can't hurt you!

UNLESS it is very important to you and has to deal with societal problems, then don't back down!

But if it is not, then just ignore, since you will never win, and if it is just who wins who is wittier, at a given moment, then it really doesn't matter, since you both will run out of steam!

hope this is helpful! ;-))

p.s but no need to go below the belt, since that bothers/offends those who wish you well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:38 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Making unwanted online sexual advances is your way of "fighting back?"
TVSG, ScranBarre has been pelted in CD forum quite a bit, but as you can tell, he has retained his dignity. We should all try to follow his example.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

2,365 posts, read 11,127,920 times
Bitbit: his example was picking on Tv guy. Is that the example, you are referring to? (whether deserved or not?)

and thanks for the rep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
TVSG, ScranBarre has been pelted in CD forum quite a bit, but as you can tell, he has retained his dignity. We should all try to follow his example.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Bitbit: his example was picking on Tv guy. Is that the example, you are referring to? (whether deserved or not?)

and thanks for the rep!
Since when is calling someone out on their apparently unwanted sexual advances towards another member on the Internet, "picking on" someone? If I started making such erotically suggestive statements to other members I'd HOPE that someone would step in to get me to cool my jets. Thus far TVandSportsGuy has been chastised for me for forcing himself sexually upon a female member AND for making fun of the mentally- and/or physically-challenged. I honestly just feel sorry for the poor guy. He thinks he's funny and that everyone's laughing with him and not AT him even though in actuality many of us don't find such antics to be very amusing.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:58 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Rep points are headed your way! P.S. I wouldn't quite say I've "retained my dignity." A lot of people on City-Data want me to just crawl under a rock and die (just ask the Northern Virginia sub-forum members who proceeded to hurl insults and names at me even after I was banned temporarily and couldn't defend myself).

Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Since when is calling someone out on their apparently unwanted sexual advances towards another member on the Internet, "picking on" someone? If I started making such erotically suggestive statements to other members I'd HOPE that someone would step in to get me to cool my jets. Thus far TVandSportsGuy has been chastised for me for forcing himself sexually upon a female member AND for making fun of the mentally- and/or physically-challenged. I honestly just feel sorry for the poor guy. He thinks he's funny and that everyone's laughing with him and not AT him even though in actuality many of us don't find such antics to be very amusing.
If he were to act like that in the workplace I can guarantee he'd be bounced down the sidewalk REALLY fast. Actually if he were to say most of the stuff he spews on these forums he'd be bounced out of the workplace fast.

I don't feel sorry for him. He has brought on most of his problems himself. He even said that he was fired from his last job due to performance issues. It's quite possible that he's not finding a new job because his references are giving him a big thumbs down.

If I knew of a job opening in the field that some of the people on this forum were looking for, I'd try to help them out. But there are a few people whose behavior has been so immature and/or combative that I'd NEVER stick my neck out for them. I don't want my friends coming back to me and complaining about the kook I sent to them.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
... and we await with bated breath his next question which surely is in the making ...

Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
... and we await with bated breath his next question which surely is in the making ...

Do you like erotic massages?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:17 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Do you like erotic massages?
And your point is? The question you pose should in general belong on the "relationship" forum. Methinks you are in the wrong zone here, child. Cheers!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:19 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,639,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And your point is? The question you pose should in general belong on the "relationship" forum. Methinks you are in the wrong zone here, child. Cheers!
I think that is his defense mechanism. Since he can not respond back to people's comments with any sort of intellect, he responds with childish, sexually-oriented comments that have no relevance to the thread that he started himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search