Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:09 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
But do you believe the other things I mentioned? You sound like a classic old school SDA. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sunday worship=mark of the beast. Rich. Question:

Too bad that the blood of Christ doesn't cover going to church on the "wrong day". But it does cover being a thief and a murderer. So what's up with that? Care to explain?
Mark of Beast=Mark of one of four beast listed in Daniel, the 4th beast=Roman Empire.

Mark of the Beast = Sunday-worship, Christmas, Easter, etc...

RCC and Roman Empire instituted the Mark of the Beast (Roman Empire) and forced it on "Christians" and put to death those who refused the Mark of the Beast.

The RCC has blood all over its hands and will be judged by God as the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth Rev 17.

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

You don't have to follow any particular group to see that plainly in the scriptures. Name any other group that combined Christian symbols with ancient pagan feasts and put to death anyone who got in their way by declaring them as heretics in the numbers that the RCC have done.

Some estimate they put to death over 50,000,000 "heretics" over the years. Name any other "church" with that much blood on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Mark of Beast=Mark of one of four beast listed in Daniel, the 4th beast=Roman Empire.

RCC and Roman Empire instituted the Mark of the Beast (Roman Empire) and forced it on "Christians" and put to death those who refused the Mark of the Beast.

The RCC has blood all over its hands and will be judged by God as the mother of harlots and abominations of the earth Rev 17.

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

You don't have to follow any particular group to see that plainly in the scriptures. Name any other group that combined Christian symbols with ancient pagan feasts and put to death anyone who got in their way by declaring them as heretics in the numbers that the RCC have done.

Some estimate they put to death over 50,000,000 "heretics" over the years. Name any other "church" with that much blood on their hands.

Ah, so these are anti-Catholic rants!!! Read any good Chick Tracts lately?

So, Protestants and evangelicals in all their various flavors have nothing of the sort, huh? I mean, you never had European Protestants persecute Catholics? Never had Fundamentalist Puritans slaughter or enslave natives or hang women they believed to be "different". Never had good Christians be slave owners. Never had Christians shoot down Mormons. Never had Indians forced to convert at the point of a gun. Nope...no blood there.

Wait...they worshipped on SUNDAY. They must be anti-Christ too! Silly me, why didn't I see that? It's all about the day!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:

Well that's all well and good, but really:

Quote:
But do you believe the other things I mentioned? You sound like a classic old school SDA.

Sunday worship=mark of the beast. Rich. Question:

Too bad that the blood of Christ doesn't cover going to church on the "wrong day". But it does cover being a thief and a murderer. So what's up with that? Care to explain?
But yet the blood of Christ does cover being a thief and a murderer, yet not attending church on Sunday in your opinion? So what's up with that? Care to explain???

Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:

So if I am a Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist, Assembly of God I am cool in your opinion?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
So if I am a Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist, Assembly of God I am cool in your opinion?
The OP probably considers only the Worldwide Church of God to be the true faith. They are a denomination created by Herbert W. Armstrong. They claim to represent the original church though founded in the 1920s.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The OP probably considers only the Worldwide Church of God to be the true faith. They are a denomination created by Herbert W. Armstrong. They claim to represent the original church though founded in the 1920s.
Huh, and I figured him/her as an old school SDA type. Thanks.

I did find it intersting that he/she would not address my question: Too bad (in your opinion) that the blood of Christ doesn't cover going to church on the "wrong day". But it does cover being a thief and a murderer. So what's up with that? Care to explain?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 AM

951 posts, read 1,052,570 times
Default 2011-08-26: God's Holy 7th Day Sabbath and Commanded Rest Day Begins at Sunset

Today is the preparation day.

Post Date Hebrew Calendar: 26-Av-5771
Post Date Roman Calendar: 2011-08-26

Keeping the Seventh Day Sabbath Holy is the Fourth of the Ten Commandments.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:

Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it
thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
And he quotes from the Jewish Publication Society edition of Scripture, too! That, at the very least, deserves a thumbs-up.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:04 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
tthttf, even though you are under no obligation to do so, Zemanim Page will tell you when Shabbat begins (Shabbat candles are lit 18 minutes before sunset at your location) on Friday evening and ends (42 minutes after sunset) on Saturday night.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Each of the other nine Ten Commandments is upheld as still binding elsewhere in the New Testament.
Even the first commandment about having "false Gods"....
Quote:
If Jesus had instructed us to uphold the law of the Sabbath, I would willingly do so. He is the Lord of the Sabbath, and He is my Lord.
The OT God and the Jesus God are not the same person (no matter what they try to tell you in Sunday school). Just saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism