Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 AM

377 posts, read 575,792 times

Advertisements

Circumcision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First had to see the latest stats about this subject on Planet Earth. Interestingly it's still not prevalent in Europe. These are my two stories about how it's used politically, not scientifically. Religion is part of politics.

First I'm glad the decision was part of my culture before there was scientific discussion. Secondly, glad I'm an American Jewess. (I am a Head of Household of 1 person in the USA. No questions about my gender/religion necessary. The dictionary can change. It's up to all the legal Jewesses in the USA.)

1. In Reading MEIN KAMPF when I was in my sixties, I was wondering how the Germans got away with identifying Jews. It hit me, it was turning males upside-down. I mentioned this at work and the Jewish guy in back of me told us his story. He was captured by the Germans in WWII. The USA soldiers all threw away their dog tags which had religion on it. He still was worried that some from his compatriots would tell the captors he was a Jew. That's because gentiles were circumcised too. Of course his telling the story was the final answer to the mystery.

2. Around 2003, a nurse at Temple Emanu-El Dallas TX told me this story. She was talking to a visiting UK female doctor. The good doctor remarked "You have a lot of Jews here in the USA."
"What do you mean?" The response: "Lots of circumcisions."

Circumcision: MedlinePlus

This removed my guilt. Knowing all this I would do it all over again. Too bad my son didn't keep his first wife who converted to Judaism. He's been divorced twice. No way to discuss this with him. We're worlds apart. He seems to hate Jewish women. He's not the the only Jew that does. It's time for Jewish moms to be Jewesses too. The males of all religions are preventing this from happening in the dictionary. Just like they do using "LORD" in place of "YHWH".

Tikun Olam: YHWH provides the tools. YHWH is completely Jew/ess. 6007 times and includes instances of all versions of El. Total versions of El isn't close statistically in the original Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnietspingal View Post
they do using "LORD" in place of "YHWH".
Maybe because they can't pronounce 'YHWH'.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM

467 posts, read 1,522,063 times
Actually, in WWII, Jews in the US military fighting in the European theater were advised (somewhat unevenly) not to mark their dog tags with the "H" for "Hebrew" due to the risk of capture by the Germans. This was the case with my father, who had his marked with a "P".

Interestingly, in the last 20 years, this advice has re-emerged in the military - one of our drill instructor told myself and the other Jew in my company not to have our dog tags marked as being Jewish for the exact same reason. Not official military policy, but pretty widespread - he was looking out for us (and yes, he was a gentile)

Different enemy, different decade, same hate.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
Circumcision is genital mutilation and should be illegal under the Declaration of Human Rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism