Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 07:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Judaism relies on a large body of Oral Torah and Written Torah, Talmud and commentary, mussar and ethics, Rabbis living and of blessed memory. We tend not to beat others over the head with bible quotes, because we don't proselytize and we have nothing to justify, prove, defend, or rationalize to anyone.

If the answer comes to easy to a question, then it is not the correct answer...Then you must dig deeper and deeper and turn it over and over and examine it and dissect it until it is laid bare and there you will find the truth...Truth can only be found through debate, disagreement, argument and questioning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
If you're interested in learning, go study, or not. If you're interested in "debate" or "arguing" or "proving a point" then other forums than the Judaism forum are better suited for that. A person is led in the way he wants to go.
Ooo...I see suspicion welling up....

Old 05-29-2015, 02:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I noticed you changed from 70AD to 70 CE...
I did because I forgot I was in the Judaism sub-forum. I changed it out of respect.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I did because I forgot I was in the Judaism sub-forum. I changed it out of respect.
Thank you...

Old 05-29-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you...
Since I am human, I forgot for a second. Although I am not religious, I find the study of it to be very interesting since overcoming my Christian indoctrination. Do you have any insights into this topic?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Since I am human, I forgot for a second. Although I am not religious, I find the study of it to be very interesting since overcoming my Christian indoctrination. Do you have any insights into this topic?
According to my learnings HaMoshiach could be anyone from any generation...Moshiach simply means anointed (by HaShem to do such and such) as opposed to the Xtian definition of Messiah that it means Savior....I would have to say that Moshe, David and many others were Moshiach because they also were anointed to do what HaShem required of them...When HaMoshiach is recognized it will be because he has completed 100 percent of the things that he must do to be considered HaMoshiach...It is similar to a Nevi'im or prophet, he is either 100 percent correct in his prophecies or he is not a prophet and therefore has not been sent by HaShem...Bar Kochba had a following as HaMoshiach, because of the things he did, however, he died before completing all the tasks of HaMoshiach and therefore he was not HaMoshiach...

Old 05-30-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
According to my learnings HaMoshiach could be anyone from any generation...Moshiach simply means anointed (by HaShem to do such and such) as opposed to the Xtian definition of Messiah that it means Savior....I would have to say that Moshe, David and many others were Moshiach because they also were anointed to do what HaShem required of them...When HaMoshiach is recognized it will be because he has completed 100 percent of the things that he must do to be considered HaMoshiach...It is similar to a Nevi'im or prophet, he is either 100 percent correct in his prophecies or he is not a prophet and therefore has not been sent by HaShem...Bar Kochba had a following as HaMoshiach, because of the things he did, however, he died before completing all the tasks of HaMoshiach and therefore he was not HaMoshiach...
Okay that makes sense. Having the "savior" part wrong is why I was so confused. Thanks for the explanation.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Okay that makes sense. Having the "savior" part wrong is why I was so confused. Thanks for the explanation.
No problem...

Old 05-30-2015, 03:57 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
This thread has become a venue for proselytizing

THREAD CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism