Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

The only kind of death that truly means anything, if it is possible, is the soul's death, or spiritual death. Otherwise, we live in the body, we die in the body, and are largely forgotten in the huge expanse of time. Physical death is really unimportant, either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 05:09 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
I vote no. No rest for me. No time to rest! To much to do! Oh and I tried that "resting in Jesus" stuff....got more stressed out than ever. Felt like I was gonna die all the time. Much better now.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:32 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I vote no. No rest for me. No time to rest! To much to do! Oh and I tried that "resting in Jesus" stuff....got more stressed out than ever. Felt like I was gonna die all the time. Much better now.
Yeah like the do not struggle, snuggle.

Or IOW close your eyes and turn off your logic and believe all this BS

Old 09-21-2009, 05:41 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Yeah like the do not struggle, snuggle.

Or IOW close your eyes and turn off your logic and believe all this BS

My "off" switch must be stuck or something.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
close your eyes, but open your mind. then you see that just about anything is PLAUSIBLE.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The only kind of death that truly means anything, if it is possible, is the soul's death, or spiritual death. Otherwise, we live in the body, we die in the body, and are largely forgotten in the huge expanse of time. Physical death is really unimportant, either way.
Agreed!

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-08-2009, 11:57 AM

Are you resting on the Sabbath?
Many believe the Sabbath is on the 7th day week.
Others believe it is on the first day of the 7 day week.
And there are those like me who believe that my Sabbath day rest is in Jesus.

That being the case then, any day of the week is my Sabbath rest.

But lets look at two ways the Sabbath Day is seen.

The Sabbath day (Day of rest) 7th day, for mankind is the Saturday, the 7th day of the week.
This day buy law of Moses, Ten Commandments, was sacred and was to be honored and binding only to the Jewish nation.

What all was required in this law was that 6 days of work for ourselves and one day of rest from our works was for God.

What that meant was that God was to be honored, worshiped and the request for forgiveness via the animal sacriffices.

All this was done because there was no other way, and path that mankind could take to receive complete forgiveness, other than attempting the work of one' personal righteousness, which was the case then.

But, since Jesus came and fulfilled the letter of the law, placing the 7th day Sabbath rest requirement solely on Himself by God's own righteousness.

Therefore, if mankind chooses to rest on the 7th day Sabbath for personal reasons and or religious reasons, there remains no penalty of transgression of the law due to the fact that now, Jesus is our spiritual rest.

By Jesus becoming our spiritual rest, we can worship Him anywhere, anytime and in any belief structure that believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

So, the question really is, are you resting?

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-08-2009, 01:28 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Yes, I do happen to be resting on this Sunday afternoon but it's not because of any religious belief. It's because I'm too damn lazy to go outside and get some work done even though it's a beautiful day. I'm really quite pathetic!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Yes, I do happen to be resting on this Sunday afternoon but it's not because of any religious belief. It's because I'm too damn lazy to go outside and get some work done even though it's a beautiful day. I'm really quite pathetic!
If you have a regular job, then off on Sundays, well, you can do whatever tickles your fancy.

I in the other hand work many times on Sundays simply because I need the money since I am self employed.

So, I rest from my labors by posting on forums like this one.

That to me is a thing I love to do, so it is a form of rest.

As for a beautiful day, well, go outside and enjoy the beauty of the day and your life, for it is a gift from God.

Oh, you might just want to thank Him for it.

Blessings, AJ

Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
The single malt scotch I had Sat night forced me to rest this fine Sun morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Judaism