Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

INMATE DIES: Man Charged in Deadly Hit-and-Run Dies in Prison - WDAF (http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-inmate-dies-man-charged-in-deadly-hitandrun-dies-in-prison-20110929,0,4106514.story - broken link)

man who was charged in a hit-and-run that killed a 3-year-old Kansas City boy has died in jail.

Jackson County officials said William Wayne Neighbors, 64, was found unresponsive in his cell Tuesday and died later at an area hospital.

The cause of death is unknown at this time, but officials said it appears Neighbors died of natural causes. imo his being in jail might have contributed to his death.

None of this would have occurred had an adult made sure a 3 yr old child was not allowed near a busy street. The driver was most likely a very good person He stated he didn't even know he had hit the child and turned his self in after seeing the news.

Please watch your kids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 02:02 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
If prosecutors believed he didnt know he'd hit the boy, wouldn't they have dropped the charges against him? And wasn't the kid with older children? I'm all for watching your kids, but as drivers you have a very serious resonsibilty to watch what's going on around you -- No one is with their child at every moment.

I feel sorry for the guy's family, but actions have consequences, and I don't see how he's some sort of martyr honestly.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
I don't think he is a martyr at all. They charged him i think with leaving the scene of an accident with a fatality. Sure he is guilty. I am just reflecting on how this would have most likely never happened with adult supervision instead of being with his 7 year old brother. imo no 3 yr old child should be anywhere near a street unless their hand is being held by an adult.Whoever was the supposed adult in charge is just as guilty. They will have this on their soul forever. I have no information to indicate that the driver was not anything more than negligent for not seeing the boy. I hope no one around here will want to vilify him. You could be next! All it takes is one second and lives are changed for ever. I posted this in hopes that someone else will read this and take a moment to be more careful with children whether it being driving or watching kids.

Back to your regular program.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I don't think he is a martyr at all. They charged him i think with leaving the scene of an accident with a fatality. Sure he is guilty. I am just reflecting on how this would have most likely never happened with adult supervision instead of being with his 7 year old brother. imo no 3 yr old child should be anywhere near a street unless their hand is being held by an adult.Whoever was the supposed adult in charge is just as guilty. They will have this on their soul forever. I have no information to indicate that the driver was not anything more than negligent for not seeing the boy. I hope no one around here will want to vilify him. You could be next! All it takes is one second and lives are changed for ever. I posted this in hopes that someone else will read this and take a moment to be more careful with children whether it being driving or watching kids.

Back to your regular program.
Coudn't agree more!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,487 times
This man was my grandpa. He loved kids dearly. I KNOW he did not mean to hurt that child, and he was very sad about it. It was a terrible accident. He tried to miss the child but it was too late. I do agree that the child should have had adult supervision. I have 3 children and NEVER would let them cross the road alone like that. Leaving the scene was VERY wrong. We can all say "oh I would never do this, that or the other", but you just never know what you would do in a complete panic until you have been put into that situation. I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID. It is a sad outcome for everyone.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala1283 View Post
This man was my grandpa. He loved kids dearly. I KNOW he did not mean to hurt that child, and he was very sad about it. It was a terrible accident. He tried to miss the child but it was too late. I do agree that the child should have had adult supervision. I have 3 children and NEVER would let them cross the road alone like that. Leaving the scene was VERY wrong. We can all say "oh I would never do this, that or the other", but you just never know what you would do in a complete panic until you have been put into that situation. I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID. It is a sad outcome for everyone.

So very sorry for the loss of your grandpa. I believe it is entirely possible to die from a broken heart and your grandpa may have experienced just that following the accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: