Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 15,002 times

Advertisements

Okay I am wanting to do an internship at Cerner through the KCIT Launch program. I am currently going to school at JCCC to receive my associates in Information Technology-Networking, and hope to get my bachelors but only as money allows. Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has done this program or knows anything about it. I was told by the recruiter that fall and spring semester would only be 20 hours a week and the summer would be 40 hours. Does anyone know if you are able to work more than 20? Also is the internship only while school is in session so would I be out of work for the months while school is on break? I know I can ask the recruiter this but my interview isn't until next week and I am kind of impatient. Also is it possible to get offered a full time job with only having my associates? Any information would be wonderful.
Oh and for those who say you have to work overtime and no work/life balance, I DON'T CARE. I am a career oriented person and right now my career path takes priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,316 times
casa4sep: I have direct knowledge of the KCIT Internship as I was an Intern for 8 months in the program. The model is currently 20 hours during school and 40 during the summer with no break in-between. I was fortunate enough to have 40 hours all 8 months, even though this is not typical you can work this out with your manager. The internship leads to an apprenticeship - at this step in your career you are allotted company benefits (always a plus). Lastly, there is an opportunity for a full time position with only holding an associate degree. If you are a worthy candidate utilize the link and apply for the position. If you would like more info on the internship or the full time opportunity email me at [email]jzayed30@yahoo.com[/email].
Good Luck!
[url=http://www.cerner.com/About_Cerner/Careers/Consulting/Apply_Now/?langtype=1033]Cerner.com : Apply for Consulting Roles[/url]

Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM

Thank you for the great in depth reply. It is good to know that even though I do want to get my bachelors I can still have a career with Cerner with only my associates. I have applied for the KCIT Internship and have had a recruiter talk with me about the position but I have requested to wait until summer to start everything because I would like to complete one more semester of school, just to gain a little more knowledge. He said that he will call me around March - April time to get the ball rolling. Thank you again for all the information.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,032 times
Hello, I am currently a student at MCC trying to earm my A.A.S. Computer Science/Information Systems. I also applied for the KCIT internship and I do not currently have any interview but I had just turned in my application yesterday. I would like to talk to someone who has completed the internship. I just have a few questions about it.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 PM

I found out the other week that I was accepted into the internship program. I start at the end of May. What kind of questions do you have? I might be able to answer some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City