Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2023, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,121 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone I’m looking to relocate to Kansas City in a few months, or more, for work. I’m a 35 year old single male that works for BNSF Railways, so I will be working out of the Argentine and Murray Yards, mainly Argentine. I’m looking for something in a relatively safe neighborhood in a quiet area, due to my erratic sleep schedule. I’d like to live within 45 minutes of both yards, if not closer. My concern is also the commute time with traffic and weather. I’d prefer to avoid units in KCMO to avoid the additional tax is possible.

I’ve found a few apartments or places online, haven’t got a chance to look at them yet. If anyone knows about these places or has other suggestions that would be great, my budget is around 2k for rent. Thank you.

The places I’m considering are:
The Residences at Echelon
The Manor Homes of Arborwalk Apartments
-Both of these are in Lee Summit

Switch Apartments-near where the old water park use to be (Schlitterbah Waterpark)
-This one is a lot closer and the commute would be half that of Lee Summit.

FieldHouse Tomehomes in Riverside
-Another closer property to the two BNSF Yards that would be a quicker and easier commute.

I’d appreciate any help or assistance. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2023, 10:12 AM

165 posts, read 142,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRailroader View Post
Hello everyone I’m looking to relocate to Kansas City in a few months, or more, for work. I’m a 35 year old single male that works for BNSF Railways, so I will be working out of the Argentine and Murray Yards, mainly Argentine. I’m looking for something in a relatively safe neighborhood in a quiet area, due to my erratic sleep schedule. I’d like to live within 45 minutes of both yards, if not closer. My concern is also the commute time with traffic and weather. I’d prefer to avoid units in KCMO to avoid the additional tax is possible.

I’ve found a few apartments or places online, haven’t got a chance to look at them yet. If anyone knows about these places or has other suggestions that would be great, my budget is around 2k for rent. Thank you.

The places I’m considering are:
The Residences at Echelon
The Manor Homes of Arborwalk Apartments
-Both of these are in Lee Summit

Switch Apartments-near where the old water park use to be (Schlitterbah Waterpark)
-This one is a lot closer and the commute would be half that of Lee Summit.

FieldHouse Tomehomes in Riverside
-Another closer property to the two BNSF Yards that would be a quicker and easier commute.

I’d appreciate any help or assistance. Thank you.
Lees Summit is a long way from Argentine. The apartments in KCK would closer (old Schlitterbahn) as you are aware of. Kansas state tax is more than 1% higher than Missouri so living in KCMO and Kansas would be about a wash when it comes to tax.

I'd suggest checking out Roeland Park and Merriam Kansas. They are very close to Argentine and there are some reasonable and safe apartments there.

Old 09-15-2023, 02:24 PM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
You might also look in the city of North Kansas City. It’s undergoing a renaissance of sorts and is a hot choice with the young-uns. No KC earnings tax and would be very convenient to both work locations.

Also, Gladstone, another suburb north of the river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City