Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM

18 posts, read 80,336 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend is moving from Knoxville to Bowling Green for his job, and all we have is this Saturday to find a place for him to live. Someone mentioned that there might be some lofts downtown for rent. Does anyone know anything about that possibility? He needs a 2 bdrm. place---apt, townhome, house...doesn't matter. A nice, safe location is a must. I will be living in Nashville, so close proximity to the highway would be helpful. Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions Neither of us is familiar with the area, so we are relying heavily on the recommendations of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,677 times
The majority of rental properties are downtown close to campus. There isn't much in the way of rentals close to the interstate. Would he consider Franklin, KY? That is about 20 minutes south of BG along I-65. If he is going to be driving south to Nashville a lot, it may be a place to consider. I wish I could be of more help. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,850 times
I think you're very sweet for posting this for your boyfriend.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
There is rental property all over Bowling Green and not just downtown. There are apartments in all areas. Get a copy of the Bowling Green Daily News and you will find plenty of rental property. How soon will he be moving here? Maybe I can find him something for you? I just sold some rental property that will be vacant.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:45 AM

18 posts, read 80,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There is rental property all over Bowling Green and not just downtown. There are apartments in all areas. Get a copy of the Bowling Green Daily News and you will find plenty of rental property. How soon will he be moving here? Maybe I can find him something for you? I just sold some rental property that will be vacant.
We will be in town on Saturday, and have to find something then. He is moving in early April.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas78 View Post
We will be in town on Saturday, and have to find something then. He is moving in early April.

This is the link to the rental property ads in the local paper. It has what is available. You might calll ahead and schedule some appointments to look at some of these. Hope this is helpful.

Bowling Green Daily News (http://www.bgdailynews.com/classifieds/real_estate_for_rent/ - broken link)

Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 PM

180 posts, read 526,666 times
Default Will I Be Safe in Bowling Green?

I am considering transferring to Kentucky with my job. One city I am very interested in is Bowling Green. I was there back in February and really liked the area.

My main question is regarding safety. I would likely be living on the south or west side of Bowling Green and working near the Greenwood Mall. I would try to not live too close to the WKU campus. There would be some times when I would have to walk, even in the evenings at 10 or 11pm.

Is this a fairly safe part of town? Is there a lot of random crime in the area? I know that it can always be a little risky walking at night, but is there a real problem in the area?

I felt safe when I there, but it was during the day and I would like some others' opinions just to be sure.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 PM

You would not want to live on the west side of town if you are walking at night...way too scary IMO. Plus that is too far to walk from the mall area. You need to look on the south side of Bowling Green out around the mall area. There are some apartments right behind the mall, but the newer ones are pricey. Look in the North Mill area which should have some townhouses and apartments.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 PM

7 posts, read 21,967 times
Smile Fairways at Hartland

We took a recommendation from a thread on here and are quite happy with our choice. The area is beautiful, it's a very safe neighborhood. It is very close to the Greenwood Mall....maybe 5 minutes. It is also very close to 65 if you go the back way and not down Scottsville road...only about 3-4 minutes. My family is very happy here and I feel my kids are very safe in this area. I frequently have to walk my dogs late at night and have never felt any fear at all. Feel free to PM me if you want any extra info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky