Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 07:13 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,006,380 times

Advertisements

Hello all, never having been one for owning land before (and won't again in the future), I've got 2 chunks of land that is covered up in hay. Last year I gave it to my neighbor if he cut it and took it. This year he hasn't, I saw his wife and reminded her he could have it, he still hasn't come to cut it and take it.

So, since my neighbor doesn't seem to be interested, is there enough profit in Hay to be able to have someone cut it and buy it, or is it possible to lease out hay land on an annual basis? Or should I just try and find someone to cut it and take it for free?

Anyone have experience with Hay?

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 07:21 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
A couple years ago you'd have been SET, son, because there was no hay anywhere. Now with the drought mostly gone you'll have a harder time. There's not a lot of profit in hay especially for land as small as yours. Wish I could give you a few names but all the farmers I know are in South Greene.

You might call Mize or Washington County Co-Op and see if they know anyone that'll cut and haul hay. Better get it soon before it falls down if it's that big.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:04 PM

If anyone can cut and bale hay, I've got hay that can be had for the price of FREE! I don't need or want it. I've got 2 parcels 3 acres and about 10 ac to be cut (that is fairly easy to get to). One parcel is in JC other is on Hwy 107, free for the cutting.

take care

Tony

Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Tony, Try placing an ad on Craigslist and also calling the local feed stores and letting them know. Good luck!

Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 AM

46 posts, read 86,578 times
Default Also need Hay cut

Hey Tony,

have you had any luck in finding soemone to cut your hay?

I also have a 5 acre parcel, 2 acres being grass, close to Jonesborough which could use cutting - we still live in NY.

If anyone knows of a dependable Lawn Care business, I would love to contact them

Thanks all,

Rainer

Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 AM

No luck, with the rain, everyone has has, cant give it away. I stopped by Mize and one fella is supposed to stop by and see if he wants it. If all else fails, I'm trying to find a bush hog service to cut it. Hate to see it go to waste and hate to pay for something that'll go to waste, but my surveyor won't survey my parcel until it's cut, doesn't want to walk through the grasses.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainerFeyer View Post
Hey Tony,

have you had any luck in finding soemone to cut your hay?

I also have a 5 acre parcel, 2 acres being grass, close to Jonesborough which could use cutting - we still live in NY.

If anyone knows of a dependable Lawn Care business, I would love to contact them

Thanks all,

Rainer

Old 07-28-2009, 09:54 AM

46 posts, read 86,578 times
Hey Tony,

thank you for the response - i will continue to check and will most likely start making some calls with paid services.

Please let me know if you find some other solution,

Rainer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
View detailed profiles of: