Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 10,716 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are moving to Knoxville next week. The apartment we will be moving to is not available until Aug 9. We have 3 greyhounds, apprx 60-70 lbs each. They are wonderful dogs, but finding lodgings that will take this many & this size dog are difficult to find (most pet-friendly hotels have a number of dogs, max weight limits, etc..).
We've found a few hotels that seem to be able to accommodate us (Extended StayAmerica Cedar Bluff $48-78, Town Place Suites $99-109/night & Residence Inn of Cedar Bluff 109-119/night), but was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations or first hand knowledge of these places. Would like to spend as little as possible, but that may not be realistic. Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimacnz View Post
Hello, We are moving to Knoxville next week. The apartment we will be moving to is not available until Aug 9. We have 3 greyhounds, apprx 60-70 lbs each. They are wonderful dogs, but finding lodgings that will take this many & this size dog are difficult to find (most pet-friendly hotels have a number of dogs, max weight limits, etc..).
We've found a few hotels that seem to be able to accommodate us (Extended StayAmerica Cedar Bluff $48-78, Town Place Suites $99-109/night & Residence Inn of Cedar Bluff 109-119/night), but was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations or first hand knowledge of these places. Would like to spend as little as possible, but that may not be realistic. Thanks much.
Cedar Bluff is a decent area and unfortunately, although pricey, that may be your best bet. I would talk to the manager and negotiate a bottom line price. If you are staying to August 9 they will do that.

Oh, and welcome to Knoxville!

Old 07-25-2010, 12:45 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimacnz View Post
I have delivered food to Extended Stay many times and would say that some of the clientele can be, well, a bit rough. But it is nowhere near the level of some of the extended "crack" motels found near downtown and seems at least safe.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:32 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitties of Domination View Post
I have delivered food to Extended Stay many times and would say that some of the clientele can be, well, a bit rough. But it is nowhere near the level of some of the extended "crack" motels found near downtown and seems at least safe.
The Extended Stay across from the phone company is quiet. It's on Winston Road. I apologize. I didn't notice that they wrote "Cedar Bluff," although that is a fairly decent area, too. The unfortunate thing about hotels is they let anyone in, usually.

I like this location. It's near the mall. Knoxville - West Hills, Overview - Extended Stay America

Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 AM

394 posts, read 794,096 times
We used the Residence Inn on Parkside Dr (Cedar Bluff) several times on our house hunting/purchasing trips. Nice suites, great staff.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,778,889 times
I apologize, I confused the Extended Stay with the Intown Suites behind Cici's Pizza on Kingston Pike. I would stay at that Extended Stay without the slightest hesitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville