Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,954 times

Advertisements

Bought a lot last weekend, beautiful elevated view at a great price,it would be double in Knoxville.We have been looking for a number of years Looking forward to meeting our new neighbors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,937 times
Thumbs up Glad we bought

We just purchased a 1.3 acre wooded lot in Lowe's Ferry on April 3rd, and we love everything about the subdivision. We currently live in a suburb of Chicago with our 10-year-old, and we can't build in Lowe's Ferry for at least 3-4 years (we'd move there tomorrow if we could). We couldn't be happier with the sales experience, price, location and amenities in the development . We wanted a gated, lakefront development, with clubhouse, docks, wooded lots, walking trails, strict building requirements, close to shopping, etc., and we got what we were looking for (at least so far). Maybe because we're used to driving in and around Chicago that we think it's a breeze and short drive to get to Knoxville, Maryville, etc.

There was abosolutely no pressure to buy, and our sales rep, Cree, was truly a pleasure to work with! The lots were being purchased very quickly, and that was the day before the actual "sale." There were numerous lots that were even cheaper than what was advertised, and there certainly wasn't any deception. Maybe people feel pressure if they are not really sure what they're looking for, and expect the sales rep to spend enormous amounts of time with them during the "sale." We didn't expect that. We looked around on our own first, and since we had built a relationship with the sales rep when we looked at another one of their developments in January, everything went very smoothly for us.

MANY lots were purchased, and since all the owners contribute to the HOA, there should be plenty of money to maintain the grounds and amenities. I wish we could have purchased another lot for investment purposes. The ability to get a lot loan was easy - 25% down with excellent credit, savings, etc. makes a difference, I would assume.

We met quite a few nice people while we were there, and we can't wait to meet more of our new neighbors.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

10 posts, read 22,293 times
Default My wife and I bought a lot at Lowes Ferry

The sales staff was great no pressure at all to buy. The lots are beautiful. I'm not sure if I want to build there yet or just sit on the lot for investment. My wife on the other hand wants to build there. The appraisal for the lot was unbelievably high which means that we made a good investment. I've met a few of the neighbors already and I’m looking forward to meeting more. From talking to folks at the subdivision and it seems like we are there every week. The developers are planning on building the clubhouse and having it done by December of 2009 at least that's what we have heard. If folks go in and start building that may change my mind on living there.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Four different people that registered on city-data just to tell us they bought, it could turn out to be a great deal, blah, blah, blah, and then never came back again. Imagine that.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 PM

391 posts, read 1,359,616 times
hey, it's an internet savvy world out there.....can't have any bad press out there can they? I laughed at that as well.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 AM

10 posts, read 22,293 times
hiknapster, that's great! That just means that I have four neighbors that use city-data. Oh yeah i came back...

Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4pch View Post
hiknapster, that's great! That just means that I have four neighbors that use city-data. Oh yeah i came back...
Oh, I had no doubt that you'd come back. This is not our first rodeo and we've encountered this sort of thing before. Let's see...Sequatchie, Wilder...

Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
I am interested in a lot there. Have you got one for sale?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,556 times
i saw on the website that all the lots are now sold. Does anyone know what the last few lakefront lots went for? Looks like 7 or 8 may still be available, does anyone know? it is a beautiful area, and looks like the new developer may have saved it!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 PM

6 posts, read 76,695 times
If Travelers3, LadyVolGal, blessed3718 or anyone else, is interested in a lot at Lowe's Ferry, I have one. It is a lake view lot, w/ a small stream running alongside it. I bought it as an investment, but unfortunately I am going to have to sell it. All lots in Lowe's Ferry are now sold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville