Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 07:06 PM

148 posts, read 305,577 times

Advertisements

Since the 2 malls were a big discussion in this forum, I just learned something. Both Knoxville Center and West Town Mall are owned by the same company. Simons Malls. Check the following link

Complete Listing Of All Simon Malls®, The Mills®*& Premium Outlet® Centers Worldwide. - Ontario, CA 91764-5207 - Simon Malls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 07:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Not to be rude, but that isn't a revelation. I've always known that and I suspect most folks are aware of it, too. The difference between the two was never ownership but location. They only some incredibly vibrant malls and some, not so much.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Not to be rude, but that isn't a revelation. I've always known that and I suspect most folks are aware of it, too. The difference between the two was never ownership but location. They only some incredibly vibrant malls and some, not so much.

Sorry I guess I was the "only" one that did not know. Sorry for trying to share, for the few who did not know.........

Old 11-29-2013, 11:07 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cycholl View Post
Sorry I guess I was the "only" one that did not know. Sorry for trying to share, for the few who did not know.........
Even if you did or didn't know, ownership is not the issue. Simon is a very reputable company with very successful malls but I know of another mall in Florida that isn't in the best area and it has struggled for many, many years. As the area has gone downhill, the mall has lost customers and businesses.

Thanks for sharing (although this probably should be in the ongoing thread) but what is the point that you are trying to make? They are owned by the same company but more folks with deeper pockets live near West Town Mall and the Turkey Creek shopping complex. Given that and their perception of the East Town/Knoxville Center being less safe/frequented by hoodlums, they aren't going to shop there. Whether Mickey Mouse or Simon owns the mall won't change that.

You live to the northeast of Knoxville but haven't you said that the east mall is fine for your needs? So what's the concern?

Old 11-29-2013, 04:35 PM

HIK I do not have to justify to you. Now maybe it was relevant or not, because the issue was more than just why do we shop West vs East or whatever . If you think it wasn't leave it and move on, ignore it. Most people will either ignore, find it interesting or reply with a statement.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,596,358 times
The Simon Company has sent in an expert with the goal of revivng East Towne. The city wants to be co-operative with traffic changes, brush clearing, etc. There has been a lot of development in the New harvest area. I think making easier acess from Washington Pike would help. The NE sector of the county is growing a lot these days.

It will be interesting to see what changes come.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
The Simon Company has sent in an expert with the goal of revivng East Towne. The city wants to be co-operative with traffic changes, brush clearing, etc. There has been a lot of development in the New harvest area. I think making easier acess from Washington Pike would help. The NE sector of the county is growing a lot these days.

It will be interesting to see what changes come.

I found it interesting that 2 malls so close owned by the same company competing against each other, but I guess both areas are big enough to support all the stores...

Old 12-01-2013, 07:52 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cycholl View Post
I found it interesting that 2 malls so close owned by the same company competing against each other, but I guess both areas are big enough to support all the stores...
It is competition but it isn't. People are not apt to travel cross town, either way, to shop. However, this is getting off topic.

When you go to the malls here in Knoxville you definitely know that the Malls are Simon Malls as the signage indicates such and the gift cards are stamped as such. It just goes to show you that location, location, location is very important! West Knoxville is the part of town with the demographics to support the most retail. This thread is also relevant:

East Mall area questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: