Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:42 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,433,192 times

Advertisements

Hello, relocated to knoxville (thanks for everyone's help on the forum) and live in west Knoxville.

I was wondering where some things are in regards to food.

First up is fruit and veggies, is there a place that typically has the best and most variety? Maybe a farmers market type thing or even a good grocery store that typically has good things in it.

Last is meat, some fresh beef and chicken, also seafood would be good every now and then. I can not stand the stuff from like walmart, I can't even eat it and won't, right now i get it from a local store.

Keeping in mind I am in west Knoxville, but if the place is absolutly the best place to go then I am up to driving to get there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,547,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Hello, relocated to knoxville (thanks for everyone's help on the forum) and live in west Knoxville.

I was wondering where some things are in regards to food.

First up is fruit and veggies, is there a place that typically has the best and most variety? Maybe a farmers market type thing or even a good grocery store that typically has good things in it.

Last is meat, some fresh beef and chicken, also seafood would be good every now and then. I can not stand the stuff from like walmart, I can't even eat it and won't, right now i get it from a local store.

Keeping in mind I am in west Knoxville, but if the place is absolutly the best place to go then I am up to driving to get there.

Thanks!
Fresh Market.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 PM

780 posts, read 1,768,848 times
For sure Fresh Market and while you are there buy a steak, their meat is fantastic too

Old 07-30-2008, 08:53 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,401,421 times
Earth Fare is a good store, too, especially if you're into organics. They have wonderful sandwiches, meats and cheeses. They're in Turkey Creek. They're pricey, but most things there are worth it.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,672,423 times
Earth Fare is excellent, so is Fresh Market.
My favorite right now is the Farmers Markets that you can find around town almost every day of the week. Everything from organic raised meat and poultry to a wealth of tomatoes of all kinds, heirloom green beans, fresh baked goods, etc.
See this thread for locations and days.
Farmers Markets in Knoxville
There are also established "green grocer" type markets around town, several on Middlebrook Pike near Cedar Bluff, were some on Sutherland, some down on Chapman Highway south of downtown.
For lots of tomatoes and peaches and some really heirloom green beans, head out to Ritter Farms just past Rutledge. Pretty drive out 11W and you will be rewarded. It's in the heart of Grainger County.
I love the meat at Earth Fare.
http://www.earthfare.com/
They have an excellent butcher. Fresh Market is good, too.
For Seafood, The Shrimp Dock.
http://www.shrimpdock.com/store/comersus_index.asp (broken link)
I've been getting some wonderful raw sheeps milk cheese at the farmers Market at Laurel Church. It is really incredible.
We like to eat in Knoxville. You'll find lots of good food without too much effort. We have surprising number of ethnic markets.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:49 AM

14 posts, read 42,053 times
Great fresh grocer's foods at Fresh Market. Great U-Pick fruits and corn at "The Berry Patch" and they have a website to tell you when things are ready to pick.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 AM

29 posts, read 76,823 times
Where is Fresh Market located? As well as the Berry Patch?

Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 AM

39 posts, read 226,114 times
There is a man that lives of of Westland Dr. on Luxmore that grows fresh produce and sells it at his home. He is 85 years young and his name is Mr. Hamblin. Tomatoes, peaches, beans, all the good things with no taxes.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:26 AM

39 posts, read 226,114 times
Meats ?

Lays Market located on Jackson ave.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:19 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,672,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaB228 View Post
Where is Fresh Market located? As well as the Berry Patch?
There are two Fresh Markets. One is in Far west on Kingston Pike to the west of Campbell Station Road. It's in a strip mall shopping center with SteinMart.
The other one is in Bearden/Forest Hills on Kingston Pike where Lyons View connects to it. There's a large shopping center there, it's back off the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville