Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM

5 posts, read 8,179 times

Advertisements

I am brand new to this sight and this is my first post, so if I repeat any questions or ask something that has been asked please bear with me.

Due to the terrible economy here in nortern lower Michigan, I have been laid off due to lack of work as a heavy equipment operator. Sadly it looks like the company may be folding. Add to that the terrible winters here and we have decided to try and relocate. First choice we came up with was Tennessee. We have always liked it when we passed thru and made it a point to stay a night or 2.

I have looked online and filled out several apps for work as a equipment operator in the area, but I have always thought that the best jobs always advertised themselves by word of mouth.

What I am wondering is were are some of the best places to look or who might be a good contact to check with? I am highly skilled and have resume ready to send.

Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.

H Calhoun
Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: cut personal contact info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:06 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,781,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhaystacks View Post
I am brand new to this sight and this is my first post, so if I repeat any questions or ask something that has been asked please bear with me.

Due to the terrible economy here in nortern lower Michigan, I have been laid off due to lack of work as a heavy equipment operator. Sadly it looks like the company may be folding. Add to that the terrible winters here and we have decided to try and relocate. First choice we came up with was Tennessee. We have always liked it when we passed thru and made it a point to stay a night or 2.

I have looked online and filled out several apps for work as a equipment operator in the area, but I have always thought that the best jobs always advertised themselves by word of mouth.

What I am wondering is were are some of the best places to look or who might be a good contact to check with? I am highly skilled and have resume ready to send.

Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.

H Calhoun
Moderator cut: cut

People on the board have said this often and I tend to agree. If you can afford it, I would recommend coming down and staying for a week or so and visiting perspective employers in person. Also check online classifieds at the Knoxville News-Sentinel. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville