Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 07:21 PM

3 posts, read 7,591 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am new here, me and my family are thinking of relocating from New York. We are not sure what the places to start looking at. We really dont want to be in the big city with lots of traffic and homes that are really close to one another (we live in the suburbs now). Our big concern is we have two children who are autistic one is 10 and one is 7. Can anyone tell me any schools that have good special ed. When we do find a house we would rather not spend more than $225,000, I am not sure if that would help with location but I figured I would let you know. Thanks for the help.

Teri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Wink You will have the answers to your question very soon.

Teric506, I just did a quick search on the Knoxville forum of any posts that may have been made about Special Ed. for your children.

It is a federal law that provides equal education for all children with disabilities, so there are schools that would be well-equipped to educate your children in this area.

However, if you can keep checking back to your question thread, some local folks will be better able to answer your question. I am not yet a resident of the area, but will be soon.

Those that live in the Knoxville area are very knowledgeable about the school systems and the qualities of each. They are a group of helpful friendly folks so someone will have some good suggestions for you.

I am a teacher and have worked with Title I federal programs for disadvantaged and challenged children, so am confident that you will find a locale that fits your needs.

Best of everything in your move. Have you been to the Knoxville area yet to visit? You want to be sure that it is an area that you will enjoy living in. I hope that you receive some replies soon.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:40 AM

3 posts, read 7,591 times
Thanks for the post. My mother has a friend that lives in knoxville and she absolutely loves it. I have a sister in Virginia, Brother in Missippi and father in law in Georgia so Tennessee would be close to all three. It wont be for a year or more because we have a lot of research to do and a house tell sell here, we want to try to do this right. I have never moved out of state and it is a little overwhelming to think of sometimes.

Teri

Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 AM

206 posts, read 711,889 times
I am a teaching asst. for special ed (pre school) at Amherst Elementary School and I think our special ed classes are wonderful.. we have classes for all elementary ages. The teaches (and assistants) there really care about the kids and their needs. I am pretty sure most schools in Knoxville offer special ed classes.. it's the quality you get.... Our school is ranked high. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: