Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 11,704 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be relocating to Las Cruces soon for a job. I intend to find a permanent place to live as fast as possible but in the interim, while I am looking, I will need to board my cat & dog for a few days. They are up to date on all of their vaccinations, but it is extremely important to me that the facility be top notch - cost is not an issue and I would consider locations in El Paso as well as the maximum amount of time I think I will have to board them would be about a week. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nadine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,798,823 times
Arroyo Veternary Clinic on Walnut Street is the organization we use. They have two staffed veternarians with degrees from Colorado State University (generally considered one of the best vet schools in the country) on board.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Do the dogs get to run around in a fenced yard or are they stuck in a crate all day?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Arroyo Veternary Clinic on Walnut Street is the organization we use. They have two staffed veternarians with degrees from Colorado State University (generally considered one of the best vet schools in the country) on board.
That's who we use too. I'm very satisfied with both the boarding and vet services.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,700,444 times
We take our dog to the Doggie Dude Ranch. The dogs get to play all day with other dogs, under supervision. The kennels where they sleep have an indoor section that's heated or cooled depending on the season and an outdoor section.

Our dog loves it there so much, when we pull up he jumps across us to get out of the car.

I know they do have a place for cats as well, but I don't know anything about it.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:10 AM

4 posts, read 11,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Do the dogs get to run around in a fenced yard or are they stuck in a crate all day?
Both pets (dog & cat) are indoor pets and are not crated at all. That is why preferably I would like a kennel that has more of a "doggy day care" for lack of a better term during the day where the dogs run around in a secure area and then are crated at night. For the cat the ability to get a large cage with a cat tree would be optimal.

Thanks for the suggestions - I will definitely check them out!

Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM

I've been halfway checking into places too in case I have to board my pets although I would rather someone come to my house as that's what I've done several times for people when I lived in Texas.
I just don't like dogs to be chained and crated all day and night. Mine are energetic, enjoy playing with dogs and people and need to be exercised and not ignored all day.
I'll check back with this thread periodically.
Thanks for the answers so far even though this thread belongs to NRL.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I've been halfway checking into places too in case I have to board my pets although I would rather someone come to my house as that's what I've done several times for people when I lived in Texas.
I just don't like dogs to be chained and crated all day and night. Mine are energetic, enjoy playing with dogs and people and need to be exercised and not ignored all day.
I'll check back with this thread periodically.
Thanks for the answers so far even though this thread belongs to NRL.
At Arroyo, the dogs are kenneled and exercised regularly. The dogs are well-supervised and the same person tends to them during their entire stay. Boarding can be very stressful, and I prefer to have my dogs in a more controlled setting for many of the same reasons that I don't frequent dog parks. I know how my dogs react in certain situations, but I have no idea how any one else's dogs will. I also have a rather high-maintenance dog (a Siberian Husky) that has to be supervised and kept in an enclosed space at all times so Arroyo works for us.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM

Oh yeah, you do. I did some research on huskys and malamutes a couple of years ago when I was looking for a dog and I was going to adopt from the husky and malamute rescue. I also talked to the guy that ran the rescue and he told me that these breeds of dogs need a tall fence and need to stay on leash because they are wanderers.

Thanks for the info you gave.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
I always use Argus Pets on Valley Drive because they are right next door to Dr and Dr Schumacher, DVM. My dogs do great there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
View detailed profiles of: