Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information on the following:

City Place Las Vegas
| 3150 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89102

OR

Spectrum Village
| 60 North Pecos Road, Las Vegas, NV 89101

I currently live at a Simply Better property in CO, I could transfer my lease to one of these apartments much cheaper/easier than looking fresh.

I'd like to like within biking distance to the Strip.

ALSO, any info on this company would be great, such as starting pay for experienced guards, benefits if any and culture:

DTA Security Services, LLC, a division of Dan Taylor & Associates, LLC (NV PILB license number 1067)

Thanks in advance for all help or insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 01:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
City Place apts are in a rougher area. Lots of gang shootings in that area according to our local news. Do you live in an area like that in Colorado? The one on N.Pecos would be a similar type of place. How about a better one, say, in Spring Valley, on Tropicana, Flamingo, Desert Inn or Spring mountain? Plenty of apts there, very close to the Strip, much much safer than your two choices.
If your credit is good, you can get into any apt you want, plenty to choose from. Is there another reason that you want to transfer to those two less desirable properties other than you can just transfer your lease?

Old 12-01-2011, 01:57 AM

No other reasons....I just thought I'd check...it would simplify the move, nothing more.

AS for where I live now, Police and security regularly have to patrol the complex...often their lights are flashing and multiple units are on site dealing with something.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 AM

I'll find some apts in the area's I mentioned to you and pm them to you. They are all on a bus line in case you don't always want to ride your bike to the Strip. Plus, riding a bike anywhere close to the Strip is a little scary. Tons of traffic. You can always take the bus with your bike on the front with the other bikes. Plenty of people do this.

I have no idea what the price you want to pay for an apt is, whether you have pets, if you want a 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, studio, or whatever.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 AM

Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'll find some apts in the area's I mentioned to you and pm them to you. They are all on a bus line in case you don't always want to ride your bike to the Strip. Plus, riding a bike anywhere close to the Strip is a little scary. Tons of traffic. You can always take the bus with your bike on the front with the other bikes. Plenty of people do this.

I have no idea what the price you want to pay for an apt is, whether you have pets, if you want a 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, studio, or whatever.
A studio or one bedroom...I have indoor cats, I'd like to stay at $600.00 or below...currently I pay $550 for a studio in a really crappy building.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 AM

Now that you mention cats...you need more than a studio apt. They need some running around room. My indoor cats have a 2 story townhome. They think it's a really big world in here.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 AM

Default Lazy Critters

My cats are older...they don't run...they walk a few feet then plank!

Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 PM

21 posts, read 31,051 times
I see your trying to help with an apartment hunt, I to could use your help.
We are moving from Michigan, first of March. Is the Credit check a huge deal with finding a decent place? We are thinking, find something low cost first off, then move into better, when we are there. We need a 2bdrm and have a small dog. Would appreciate any help.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedscorpion View Post
I see your trying to help with an apartment hunt, I to could use your help.
We are moving from Michigan, first of March. Is the Credit check a huge deal with finding a decent place? We are thinking, find something low cost first off, then move into better, when we are there. We need a 2bdrm and have a small dog. Would appreciate any help.
Just about every place will run a credit check. If you do not have good credit, there are options with some apt complexes that do not run credit checks..the downside is they will not be in the best part of town, and more in dangerous area's.

You may want to consider one of the extended stay places to start off with, see if Consumer Credit Counseling(they have an advertisement on channel 13's news several times a day) can help you repair your credit so you can eventually get into a better place.

I am not familiar with where the "no credit check" apartments are. So I am hoping someone else on here can help you with that.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 PM

Cool Just got back from Las Vegas!

Woo Hoo! I drove out to LV from Denver Thursday afternoon and just got back to Denver about fifteen minutes ago!

I had two interviews...one with AMG for Pure nightclub and the other with DTA security. I got hired at both provided I could be a resident in two weeks! The hours between the two are 100% compatible just as I have here in Denver.

I'll take a minor pay cut, but not much and that's for STARTING wages! Starting wages for those jobs in Denver were MUCH lower.

I cruised by Spectrum village apartments about 1-1:30AM then drove to the strip to assess a bike ride. I would feel TOTALLY comfortable riding that route...much more so than the routes I've done in Denver! I can't recall seeing ANY graffiti or groups of thugs hanging out....and only two people begging for money...THE ENTIRE DAY!!!...in Denver I get that before getting out of my apartments driveway.

So, I did two interviews, got two jobs, the apartment will be ready for me in two weeks...they're transferring my lease! The apartment is 42sf LARGER, has a W/D in unit+storage is $10 cheaper DOESN'T charge $25/month for each of my two cats (Shhh, I have three! ), water is included (I pay $45-50/mo in Denver). So right there between saving laundry/cat/water fees I'm $140 ahead on rent and only $120/mo less pay to start. I net $20! Who wants pizza?

BTW I found everyone friendly, helpful and upbeat!
While planning my route to make it to Pure on time, I went to CP at about 4AM, wound up talking to a Forum shops security guard who gave me his name and a contact for the Venetian...he said they would put me on as a guard there.
While at the clinic doing my drug test, the lady doing the testing asked if I was looking for more security work in addition to AMG then handed me a company name to call to be a guard there doing prisoner transport.

I felt like everyone was trying to help me find work!

Well, It's been a long two days and I need some sleep...I gotta be at work in a few hours...and I gotta start packing!

Thanks to all who have helped me! I'll be your neighbor in two weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: