Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times

Advertisements

There seem to be a large number of uncontrolled intersections in the city. Some of which are dangerous to drivers. One in particular being Centennial Pkwy/Sky Pointe. There is a very short connector road to the 215 there as well

It also serves as the entrance to the Target Greatland/Vons Shopping Center. There is always large numbers of cars jockeying to get through the interesction to get on 215 or just continue down Centennial Parkway. I almost get hit by careless drivers everytime I go to Target or that Vons

There there is Village Center Cir/Trail Center Dr in Summerlin. Village Center is a windy road and often times it is hard to see other cars coming. Most of which travel about 45-50 mph when then speed limit is only 30

There are also several roundabouts on Carey Ave in North LV that have proven dangerous as well

Does anybody agree with me that we actually need more traffic lights at several intersctions? Granted Im sure if they did add them Id get all those red lights but Id rather sitting listening Survivor's "Is This Love" on Mix 94.1 and be safe then to take a risk and get into yet another accident
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:54 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,245,008 times
Pipe up to the county if it bothers you.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,785,095 times
The round abouts on Carey are safer than stopping and running the risk of being car jacked or robbed.

One problem is poor planning of rapid growth. I do agree there are many unsafe intersections. Another problem is a lack of understanding of many drivers on how to deal with a 4 way stop.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:12 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Another problem is a lack of understanding of many drivers on how to deal with a 4 way stop.
I disagree. I don't believe there is anyone above the age of 16 who doesn't know the rule with regard to 4-way stops. It's more an issue of drivers not wanting to follow the rule and wait their turn.

Old 08-29-2010, 01:37 PM

654 posts, read 1,323,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Does anybody agree with me that we actually need more traffic lights at several intersctions? Granted Im sure if they did add them Id get all those red lights but Id rather sitting listening Survivor's "Is This Love" on Mix 94.1 and be safe then to take a risk and get into yet another accident
Mostly this gets overdone, but if you feel an intersection's truly dangerous make an appeal to the powers that be. I like to see a balance with such things, as traffic lights & control are everywhere in Chicago & it can take 20 minutes to go 2 miles. Let's not go that far here ... I like that I can get around reasonably well.

You sure you don't mean the Whitesnake version of "Is This Love"? It's the most commonly heard one on the radio. David Coverdale was the lead singer, married to Tawny Kitaen for a while & she was in a couple of their videos. She was extremely attractive when she was younger, then slid a little, remarried Chuck Finley (pitcher for the California Angels, Cleveland Indians & St. Louis Cardinals) then got arrested for assaulting him. She went a little off the deep end. Kinda ruined my image of her when I saw her mug shot - far from the Tawny Kitaen we knew at her peak.

Not sure why, but all that came out of your "Is This Love" reference

Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
Mostly this gets overdone, but if you feel an intersection's truly dangerous make an appeal to the powers that be. I like to see a balance with such things, as traffic lights & control are everywhere in Chicago & it can take 20 minutes to go 2 miles. Let's not go that far here ... I like that I can get around reasonably well.

You sure you don't mean the Whitesnake version of "Is This Love"? It's the most commonly heard one on the radio. David Coverdale was the lead singer, married to Tawny Kitaen for a while & she was in a couple of their videos. She was extremely attractive when she was younger, then slid a little, remarried Chuck Finley (pitcher for the California Angels, Cleveland Indians & St. Louis Cardinals) then got arrested for assaulting him. She went a little off the deep end. Kinda ruined my image of her when I saw her mug shot - far from the Tawny Kitaen we knew at her peak.

Not sure why, but all that came out of your "Is This Love" reference
I KNOW i dont mean the whitesnake version. I meant the version done by Survivor which is COMPLETELY different. The Survivor version goes "Is this love t hat Im feeling, is this love thats been keeping me up all night" I just used that reference for humor, because red lights in Vegas are long and I often times can listen to a full length 4 minute song before it turns green. It will never beat that one intersection in Orlando where I sat at a red light for 8 MINUTES waiting for a green everytime, only got green there once!

Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 PM

151 posts, read 700,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I KNOW i dont mean the whitesnake version. I meant the version done by Survivor which is COMPLETELY different. The Survivor version goes "Is this love t hat Im feeling, is this love thats been keeping me up all night" I just used that reference for humor, because red lights in Vegas are long and I often times can listen to a full length 4 minute song before it turns green. It will never beat that one intersection in Orlando where I sat at a red light for 8 MINUTES waiting for a green everytime, only got green there once!
IMO traffic lights in Vegas are very efficient at moving traffic, they have sensored lights now at most intersections, 5 years ago it was a pain since most were not

Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario826 View Post
IMO traffic lights in Vegas are very efficient at moving traffic, they have sensored lights now at most intersections, 5 years ago it was a pain since most were not

Those same sensors seem to turn a light yellow instantly if people aren't within a certain range of the light. I see so many people gun it through red lights because of this.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,975,515 times
I gotta say my issue with traffic in Vegas are the tourists on the Strip who make sudden multi lane changes without warning.. and then of course, there are those marked lines on the roads (or lack thereof) which I hardly ever see.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
we definitely DON'T need more traffic lights.. and if you know how to drive properly, those intersections are nothing. sheesh! as if the money comes from the sky!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas