Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times

Advertisements

So yesterday was the DMV disaster and little did I know while I was whining about that.....today would be much worse.

In a time period of about 4 days, my pool went south. Green, ugly, nasty. And it had been perfectly clear. It was beyond my ability so I called the pool guy. Turns out my salt cell quit working. No chlorine equals uncontrollable algae. And when the salt cell goes belly up, it tells you all is good...but in reality, no chlorine. So the pool guy comes out and tells me how much and says he might as well just drain the pool because the chemicals will cost a lot and the pool should be drained every couple of years anyway. He tells us how to chlorine wash the pool, sets up the drain, places the pump/hose and leaves. He will be back tomorrow.

Went to the pool supply to pick up chemicals and a couple other things. Stopped by the store, got gas. All the normal things you do on a day off. Got a movie to watch tonight.

Came home and the house is flooded. The pool guy taped the hose to the drain and it came loose, flooding the back yard and in turn flooding the house. I think a lot of my shoes and some of my clothes are ruined. The oriental rug from the bedroom is out on the driveway. We swept out as much water as possible and I don't know if the sheetrock is damaged. Two bathrooms, two closets, and one bedroom have water damage. It's not pretty. The patio is full of water too and we are going to have to figure out how to get rid of that. I'm hoping a lot of it recedes on it's own.

I've got the one bedroom/bath shut off from the rest of the house. The windows and outside doors are open and fans are going to try and dry it out.

One piece of good news, the salt cell is still under warranty. Now I have to call the pool guy......and tell him what happened. And I don't even want to know at this point what all of this mess is going to cost me.

And the pool still isn't empty. 30K gallons is a lot of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 PM

88 posts, read 258,176 times
wow that's terrible

why do you keep adding the url for smileys into your thread titles? The images don't display- the URL does.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
I hope your pool guy carries insurance. He should know better and not to tape the hoses together just in case it comes apart. Ask him if he has insurance, or call your insurance company and they should take care of it. What a pain in the ***!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:43 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,244,573 times
Might be time for a new good luck charm, yellowsnow!

Here's to things looking up!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,397,703 times
You shouldn't be out anything for the damages - the pool guy was negligent. Call your insurance company asap and have them start the ball rolling with HIS insurance company. Take pictures if you haven't already.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Yep, the pool guy's fault. HE owe's you.
That is a terrible thing to happen! He should have made sure it was totally secure before leaving. I hope he has good insurance.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:27 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
LOTS of pictures....every room that has damage from all angles....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas