Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 15,708 times

Advertisements

Hello, I got a ticket on a expired registration today. I have a court date set for November. I will complete my registration tomorrow. My insurance on the vehicle and drivers license were intact. I have 2 options, pay the fine+court fees via mail and skip the court visit or go to the court and I might still end up paying the fine+court fees. p.s. - I have had no prior offenses or anything. Question: Is it really worth going to the court house for this matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
just pay it

Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 PM

56 posts, read 120,596 times
If you go down to the courthouse to pay it perhaps if you showed proof of current registration they might reduce it.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,987,956 times
Me, I'd just pay the thing and avoid wasting a day in court. Should have renewed on time, anyway.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,438 times
If you have the time to do so, I'd go to the court house. They'd probably drop that and charge you court cost only. "I'm sorry, I screwed up, I fixed it."

You might even be able to just go to a window and show them that you got it fixed. Not sure on that though.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
doubt it.. they aren't reducing anything.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,153,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
doubt it.. they aren't reducing anything.
There is a good chance that they will.

I got a parking ticket earlier this year for parking in a school buss loading zone while waiting for my daughter. She usually takes 1-2 minutes after the bell rings to make it to my car. Well this day she didnt come out so I had to go get her. The substitute would not release her unless I came in person.....Oh well. I get out, get my daughter, about 20 minutes later I make it back to the car. I see about 5 police bicycles giving out tickets like candy on both sides of the street. My car was third from where they started.......$180 ticket in my window.

Anyway.........

I go down to the municipal court the next day to pay my $180 parking ticket. I had to do this on my hour lunch break(took me 2 hours). I walk up to the cashier window. I show the lady my ticket. She gives me some options of a payment plan and other stuff. I wasnt listening because I was pissed and hungry. I told her that I just wanted to pay the ticket in full and be on my way. Then she told me that there was a "judge special" if I was to pay the ticket off within 10 days. I asked her what the special was....She said it was half off.

Im thinking with this economy most people are having to choose between bills or paying tickets off. Paying a parking ticket is not a priority for most so they are not getting paid. Maybe this is an incentive that the city thinks will make it a little easier for people to pay their tickets.

I thought that maybe it was my lucky day but then a co-worker of mine got a speeding ticket on 215 driving to work. He went the following week to pay and got the same discount for paying it in full.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:12 AM

508 posts, read 1,021,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
There is a good chance that they will.

I got a parking ticket earlier this year for parking in a school buss loading zone while waiting for my daughter. She usually takes 1-2 minutes after the bell rings to make it to my car. Well this day she didnt come out so I had to go get her. The substitute would not release her unless I came in person.....Oh well. I get out, get my daughter, about 20 minutes later I make it back to the car. I see about 5 police bicycles giving out tickets like candy on both sides of the street. My car was third from where they started.......$180 ticket in my window.

Anyway.........

I go down to the municipal court the next day to pay my $180 parking ticket. I had to do this on my hour lunch break(took me 2 hours). I walk up to the cashier window. I show the lady my ticket. She gives me some options of a payment plan and other stuff. I wasnt listening because I was pissed and hungry. I told her that I just wanted to pay the ticket in full and be on my way. Then she told me that there was a "judge special" if I was to pay the ticket off within 10 days. I asked her what the special was....She said it was half off.

Im thinking with this economy most people are having to choose between bills or paying tickets off. Paying a parking ticket is not a priority for most so they are not getting paid. Maybe this is an incentive that the city thinks will make it a little easier for people to pay their tickets.

I thought that maybe it was my lucky day but then a co-worker of mine got a speeding ticket on 215 driving to work. He went the following week to pay and got the same discount for paying it in full.
I guess it just matters who you get.... I had to deal with the DMV and they actually charged me twice the fee per car.... there goes a grand down the drain for no reason...

and i had all my documents

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
I went down to renew my license yesterday....2 1/2 hours n the waiting room 2 1/2 minutes at the window....then I went to the camera window.....me....[with a moustache] black guy...[no moustache]...my clerk takes the pic....other clerk takes black guys pic.... NOW......some black people are just off white....this guy was bowling ball black.....my clerk looks at her screen....then at me.....then at her screen,,,,then at me....and looks realllly confused....then she says"When did you grow that moustache?"

She had mixed up Black guys Picture with mine and ONLY noticed that the moustache was differant.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:09 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,987,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
She had mixed up Black guys Picture with mine and ONLY noticed that the moustache was differant.
You must have QUITE a tan. Get many comparisons to George Hamilton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas