Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 11:34 AM

49 posts, read 81,349 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I will be starting a new job downtown end of April and need a place 1 br / nice studio to stay for 3 months until I get acclimated to the job
and learn the town. I want to buy a place after that. I want to be into work in 15-20 minutes max ( door to door ).

I have visited these places who have 3 month lease plans.
A bit pricey with the total costs in the 750 - 900 month range.

Mayan Plaza Apartments
1700 Alta Drive, Las Vegas, NV
Very Close to downtown 15/95 juncture
( not gated ? )

Country Club at Valley View
1400 South Valley View Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV
near Charleston / Valley View
( managed by Gaines Investments )

Country Club at the Meadows Senior Living
300 Promenade Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89107
West of Decatur / South of 95N
( managed by Gaines Investments )

Appreciate any suggestions, comments, experiences.

I have been a homeowner for a long time so I'm not used to renting an apt albeit for the short term.

I want to be close to downtown for work
and close to Spring Mountain Road for Asian shopping.

Thanks to all, Rich C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
I lived at Mayan Plaza for a long time....a long time back....it was GREAT.....the 1 br UPSTAIRS was a GREAT apartment.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,554 times
Mayan Plaza Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Las Vegas apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

"Gate is always being runned over, Police are always arresting people. Roaches and bugs are in my apartments, loud cars with music passes by. After 12am people yelling or someone yelling for help. Management does not screen for sex offenders and they just let anyone rent. Well I guest money talks. Not safety, or good neighbor."

Not safe for a senior, me thinks...

I would hook up with a realtor in Asian Town, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Good luck.

Last edited by eventusstultorummagister; 03-29-2012 at 09:50 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 11:09 PM

Hey eventusstultorummagister,

Thanks for the heads up on that website below.
I did talk with Brandon and Sally when I was there.

I will have to check it out more thoroughly ( especially at night ).

So, Asian town is Spring Mountain Road area. I will expand the search there. Safety at night is a big priority !

Thanks, LA Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Mayan Plaza Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Las Vegas apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

"Gate is always being runned over, Police are always arresting people. Roaches and bugs are in my apartments, loud cars with music passes by. After 12am people yelling or someone yelling for help. Management does not screen for sex offenders and they just let anyone rent. Well I guest money talks. Not safety, or good neighbor."

Not safe for a senior, me thinks...

I would hook up with a realtor in Asian Town, they should be able to steer you in the right direction.
Good luck.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 AM

Hi all,

Decided on a nice 1 br place in Summerlin (non senior community ) near Summerlin Parkway since it's quite nice out there and I think it is worth the extra 10 minute drive each way. So I think I'm about 25-30 minutes door to door. Now to figure out things like best DSL / internet / phone plans and move at the end of the month.

Thanks to all, LA Guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: