Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,369 times

Advertisements

Anyone going thru or recently been thru the process or know someone going thru Non Judicial Foreclosure in Las Vegas? Anyone with Chase as their lender?
I'm not looking for NRS statutes or Realtors trying to talk/scare people into Short Sales..
I'm looking for Real Life Stories, Hearsay, Advice, Tips, from start [notice of default coming in certified mail] to eviction notices and any thing in between!!....
Also, no tax liability scare talk: I Don't Care!!...I'm Insolvent!!
Any Cash for Keys offers for $3k or more?
Real People Only, please, I'm interested in your stories..No Foreclosure Scavengers Need Respond...
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,345,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Anyone going thru or recently been thru the process or know someone going thru Non Judicial Foreclosure in Las Vegas? Anyone with Chase as their lender?
I'm not looking for NRS statutes or Realtors trying to talk/scare people into Short Sales..
I'm looking for Real Life Stories, Hearsay, Advice, Tips, from start [notice of default coming in certified mail] to eviction notices and any thing in between!!....
Real People Only, please, I'm interested in your stories..No Foreclosure Scavengers Need Respond...
Thank you!!
You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 PM

That's probably true. However, I suppose there's people in Las Vegas going thru similar process and I 'd thought I'd throw out a preemptive strike to those who would chime in to ''hurry and short sale before Dec. 31''...You basically get a Deficiency Judgement with a short sale too so I don't see the advantage of jumping a burning ship when it was still floating........I suppose I should have toned it down to low roar at least...just tired of having the wool pulled over our eyes..lies and scandals to go all the way to the top executives....and refinance agents that drop the ball with no accountability...

Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Quote:
That's probably true. However, I suppose there's people in Las Vegas going thru similar process and I 'd thought I'd throw out a preemptive strike to those who would chime in to ''hurry and short sale before Dec. 31''...You basically get a Deficiency Judgement with a short sale too so I don't see the advantage of jumping a burning ship when it was still floating........I suppose I should have toned it down to low roar at least...just tired of having the wool pulled over our eyes..lies and scandals to go all the way to the top executives....and refinance agents that drop the ball with no accountability...
Actually I am an RE Agent but probably know more about the area than anyone else here. Gone through the process with a number of people both successfully and not.

Any reasonable agent or lawyer can get you through the process without a deficiency judgement unless you are well off. If you are well of hire a lawyer.

Virtually impossible to short sell before December 31. So why do you think someone would tell you to do so? That might have made sense in October but not since then.

So why don't you go back and reintroduce your problem. You might get some good advice.

And you are obviously not smart enough to keep from having the wool pulled over your eyes.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
Quote:
Thank you!!
Cant see a reason to discuss something like that with a total stranger.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM

It's been a jungle of bureaucracy and guess I got really wound up when I just heard an ad on Las Vegas A.M Radio to 'hurry before December 31st" It sounded ridiculous but incited anger in me as I have a degree in Science, not Real Estate Law and Navigating thru the Lawyer Consultations been somewhat overwhelming.....I'll rephrase or shut down this thread as per your feedback..

Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM

There's a thread on City Data asking ''Do you ever get in the shower with your dog? " No Kidding.. Now that's something I would question discussing with city data community, I think real estate is fair game....

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,796,460 times
Generally rational advice.

If you are not sure whether you want to abandon the property hang on a while. It is too late for the forgiveness of taxes - but it may well come back in a while. Prices are going strongly up. You ain't likey to get even but you will be fighting a smaller problem in a year than now.

If you have decided to abandon a property short sell it. Try and do it without missing any payments. Helps the credit rating a good bit. If the bank won't deal...stop paying. If the bank won't short...than you are going for foreclosure.

Get foreclosed only if it is the only available option. It is the worst outcome.

Watch seconds on short sales or foreclosures. If a short get the second paid off or don't do it. If a foreclosure you have to deal with it. If not resolved go bankrupt. BK does no real damage after a foreclosure.

If you are going to get foreclosed or BK stall. The damage is fixed. The rewards are better if you delay as long as possible.

If you end up in possession of the house key money is likely to be offered. 3K is for a reasonably nice house.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Good clear advice. Thank you.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Yaaaay!!! 201 Tax Debt Forgiveness!!!! Riding out as long as possible morgage free, been 5 months, no notice of default yet, took the family on a cruise to Carribean for Christmas, now planning family trip to Fussen, Germany to see the Castles!! Going to ride this out as loooong as possible, then take my job offer in Maui. Gambled on Debt Forgiveness and Won, Yaaaaay!!!! 2013 is starting out to be a great year!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: