Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 08:22 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,975,573 times

Advertisements

This may be something only the north east coasters may answer. If you have been in Vegas for a minute do you know of anyplace that sells a real Kaiser rolls or the hot dog buns that are split at the top? Maybe some pumpernickle bread or where to get a good Rubin grill sandwich? Maybe a kinish or some good bagels, lox and cream cheese? Wise or state line potato chips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 12:13 AM

526 posts, read 834,372 times
I just returned from Cape Cod. When I was there, every day I had a Large bowl of Chowda and fish and chips. Haven't found "New England " hot dog buns. Epstein Bros have decent bagels Fresh Bagels, Bagel Sandwiches, Coffee & Espresso | Einstein Bros Bagels..
Majesty Bakery sells to various stores, like Smiths, and makes pumpernickel. I just bought some of their sourdough and its very good..

Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,077,641 times
Good luck! I've been here a minute and I've found none.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:27 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,798,692 times
My wife actually made a list of items that aren't available here, but were staples in Rhode Island. Split-top hot dog buns were on that list.

Steak tips, too, for some reason. We used to grill steak tips every week, and can't seem to find the same cut.

Good luck finding Fluff, too.. we have it shipped in

Regarding Ruebens, so far the best I've had in town was surprisingly at Arizona Charlie's on Boulder Highway.. I'm still looking for THE rueben, as that's my favorite sandwich other than a really good Monte Cristo, but I haven't been able to find one of those either..

Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 AM

420 posts, read 899,593 times
Try ordering what you want from Amazon.com If you have their Prime Membership the shipping is free plus you get movies and TV shows just like Netflix. For some reason no one on the east coast can find Ranch Beans (the ones in the black can, yummy) I'm surprised because they are distributed by ConAgra. I send them to my daughter by the case from Amazon. Good luck!

Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 AM

Thanks folks. One more thing. I lived in California and noticed something about the Pacific ocean. It had no smell. Nothing like that sea breeze with that salt water smell.

That being said nothing like watching football at a sports book. Vegas Babyyyyyyyy.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:04 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,683,315 times
Trader Joes has the split hotdog buns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
My wife actually made a list of items that aren't available here, but were staples in Rhode Island. Split-top hot dog buns were on that list.

Steak tips, too, for some reason. We used to grill steak tips every week, and can't seem to find the same cut.

Good luck finding Fluff, too.. we have it shipped in

Regarding Ruebens, so far the best I've had in town was surprisingly at Arizona Charlie's on Boulder Highway.. I'm still looking for THE rueben, as that's my favorite sandwich other than a really good Monte Cristo, but I haven't been able to find one of those either..

Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 PM

526 posts, read 834,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
Trader Joes has the split hotdog buns
Goodto know :0 I will be going tomorrow to pick some up..

Old 06-14-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
Goodto know :0 I will be going tomorrow to pick some up..
Ditto. Maybe also some good sauerkraut. Anyone know of a kosher butcher to get some good beef hot dogs?

Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,077,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Ditto. Maybe also some good sauerkraut. Anyone know of a kosher butcher to get some good beef hot dogs?
If ANYONE finds a Kosher butcher, please post it! Have looked for years. Jewish or not they will have great meat. Probably pricey though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: