Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 PM

164 posts, read 260,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonava View Post
Hi everyone,

Please bear with me, I have never posted.. I will be moving to Las Vegas for my husband's job transfer in the next month. I have 3 children, 14, 10, and 7. Can you please help me figure out what are the nicer places to live ? Southwest, Northwest? I will be renting until we figure out exactly the right area for us. What is considered an ideal area to raise kids, good schools, close to shopping? Is the area by Red Rock nice? For the parents out there, can you let me know what you like about where you live? Thank you in advance!
hi, we bought in the south east in henderson near s. eastern and anthem parkway. all of the schools are rated 10 in that area. eastern, south of the 215, is a great stretch of boulevard with restaurants, stores, etc... if your husband works nearer to the south east, it's a super nice area. we drove around summerlin to get a feel for it when we were looking and just didn't connect. henderson had much more of an older small city feel which is what we wanted. if i lived my whole life in las vegas i could see how summerlin would be interesting as something new and nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: