Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 AM

53 posts, read 78,740 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I did a search of the forum, and google, and couldn't find anything. I got married in LV last year and am really regretting not picking up a newspaper on the day for a keepsake. I know that in Australia (where I'm from) you can order the front page of any major newspaper for any date. I'm looking to get a Las Vegas one, the sun, tribune, anything really. Anyone know where to point me?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 09:02 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,170,120 times
Las Vegas Review-Journal | The most reliable source for Las Vegas news

They have an archive. You may have to pay to access it, and you may have to print the headline page yourself, but at least you can frame it.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:03 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,548,282 times
that's an interesting question... I'd like to know the answer also.

I take it OP, you have contacted the papers directly? also, you might try the major libraries here in LV... do you need the actual paper or is an electronic version good enough?

Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 AM

53 posts, read 78,740 times
Thanks NLVgal - I've tried to gain access to the archives of LVRJ but I am not from the US or Canada so I cannot subscribe.
Also MSchu I can't try the libraries as I do not live in LV, I live in Australia so I need to be able to do it on-line (or pay for a physical copy to be posted to me, but I'd be happy with on-line).
The best I've been able to get is the Las Vegas Weekly magazine. A nice keepsake but not exactly the put-up-on-your-wall type of thing.
Thanks for the help, still looking for a way

Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 AM

555 posts, read 1,262,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacattack View Post
Hi guys, I did a search of the forum, and google, and couldn't find anything. I got married in LV last year and am really regretting not picking up a newspaper on the day for a keepsake. I know that in Australia (where I'm from) you can order the front page of any major newspaper for any date. I'm looking to get a Las Vegas one, the sun, tribune, anything really. Anyone know where to point me?

TIA

Maybe this will help you,

Hit the link that NLVgal posted, you'll come to the front page of LVRJ.

Towards the top and to the right, you'll see the emblems for Facebook, Google, Twitter and others. The search box is right after that.

Enter your name and or that of the bride. The announcement you want might pop up that way. I don't think you have to subscribe to the RJ to do this online search.

I've done searches like this myself, even so far back as 1998 and the announcements have come up.

At least you'll see it online. Call the RJ, or write them, tell them the day it appeared in the paper and see if they have any paper copies available anywhere or can direct you to where you might find it, if it's still available. Most likely, where others have mentioned, the local LV libraries and maybe it's on microfiche

Hope it helps you!

Last edited by Kitchen Witch; 01-17-2014 at 10:31 AM..

Old 01-17-2014, 10:11 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,400,555 times
Call the local public library or the actual newspaper office and ask them if they can provide what you need or guide you to where you can find it.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:08 PM

2,874 posts, read 4,556,899 times
what about this? it's not exactly a newspaper from lv, but gives a bigger overall "on this day" type of thing

Anniversary Trivia Print

Old 01-17-2014, 12:11 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,548,282 times
most all libraries are online...

Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,170,120 times
Try this... you don't have to be a subscriber and it didn't ask me if I was in the US or Canada

Archive Search | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Here's more info

Having trouble?
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your user name and password or with the payment options, please contact NewsBank at 1-800-896-5587 or by e-mail at reviewjournal@newsbank.com.
Please allow one business day for a response and longer on weekends and holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: