Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 08:09 PM

82 posts, read 110,742 times

Advertisements

Please don't take offense to anything I say, Im only trying to understand your real reasons for wanting them out.
Let me break down my though process in all this.
1. VACANT bank owned house.
2. Probably will not sell,
3. Homeless people/family moves in without proper due dillegence.
4. Court says then can stay
5. Your upset because they are staying.

I can only conclude that your being a bit racist and hypocritical. I mean for Christ sake they are probably homeless and need a place to live for a while. I've only been in Vegas for a week but I notice the resentment towards the Hispanics - and honestly their people have been here way before yada yada. Honestly let them live in peace, as long as they are not harming you or your community then leave them be. Have a heart and get to know them

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions, they might not even be Hispanic or whatever but still you must have a heart for the less fortunate =D
Love ya

Old 07-05-2014, 08:12 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,789,609 times
Criminals are criminals, no?

Old 07-05-2014, 08:22 PM

44 posts, read 67,045 times
Im not going through this but it may be the image it leaves on your neighborhood. In my neighborhood, my block is ok, but the next block over there are so many vacant and boarded up houses, nobody wants to live around that so they leave and next thing you know your 150k house is now only worth 90k

So maybe their neighbors would take offense to people living for free when I have to pay my bills, they end up leaving to another neighborhood or part of town and then more squatters move in. now your block is full of people living rent free bringing your property values down. Why buy a house or pay rent when the Johnson's next door are squatting?

I'm not a homeowner, but its kind of an insult to people working and living by the book.

I'm not for or against squatters. If a house has been vacant for 5 years and a squatter moves in and takes care of the place, its whatever. I have some understanding of both points of view

Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwildfree View Post
Im not going through this but it may be the image it leaves on your neighborhood. In my neighborhood, my block is ok, but the next block over there are so many vacant and boarded up houses, nobody wants to live around that so they leave and next thing you know your 150k house is now only worth 90k

So maybe their neighbors would take offense to people living for free when I have to pay my bills, they end up leaving to another neighborhood or part of town and then more squatters move in. now your block is full of people living rent free bringing your property values down. Why buy a house or pay rent when the Johnson's next door are squatting?

I'm not a homeowner, but its kind of an insult to people working and living by the book.

I'm not for or against squatters. If a house has been vacant for 5 years and a squatter moves in and takes care of the place, its whatever. I have some understanding of both points of view
And they are criminals, let's not forget that wee little point. Why can't I shoot someone in the face? Because it's illegal. Why can't I steal someone's car? Because it's illegal. Why can't I move into a house I don't own or pay for? Because it's illegal. End of story. The reason why people think they can do any or all of the above is because there are too many people like the OP.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamReign View Post
Please don't take offense to anything I say, Im only trying to understand your real reasons for wanting them out.

I can only conclude that your being a bit racist and hypocritical. I mean for Christ sake they are probably homeless and need a place to live for a while. I've only been in Vegas for a week but I notice the resentment towards the Hispanics - and honestly their people have been here way before yada yada. Honestly let them live in peace, as long as they are not harming you or your community then leave them be. Have a heart and get to know them

Sorry if I jumped to conclusions, they might not even be Hispanic or whatever but still you must have a heart for the less fortunate =D
Love ya
Yep, we must have a heart for the less fortunate. That is why we, personally, donate thousands of dollars to charity. Legal charity. We are not in favor of supporting illegal actions in any way. And if more people thought like we did, the country would be in a much better place.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 PM

Sorry sir but they are not criminals, they are surviving. If you can point to a victim of there crimes then ill admit, but as far as I can tell they have done no harm to a soul.
You'd rather have houses in which no one will ever live in dude?

And Btw the same "book" you live by, is the same "book" that has booted families out of their houses, the squatters are brave people IMO. and honestly you sound a bit jealous of them, since you paid so much for your place, then they should also?

Sqaitters logic: vacant house = shelter.
Your logic: vacant house = Vacant house, but let the banks take em with the fact that there is a growing homeless population...

Old 07-05-2014, 08:33 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
Sorry sir but they are not criminals, they are surviving. If you can point to a victim of there crimes then ill admit, but as far as I can tell they have done no harm to a soul.
You'd rather have houses in which no one will ever live in dude?
Yes they are criminals. The victim is the previous owner and bank. And they may have forged a lease.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:

Love ya

Seriously?

What about the people that lost that home to the bank? Aren't they the "less fortunate"? Why not allow them to stay in the home, not pay for it, have it foreclosed and become squatters and live in their home for free?

I guess it makes a difference when the squatters are not in your home in your neighborhood.
I think if you feel so sorry for them you should find out the address of this place and go introduce yourself and offer your home to them for free.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:40 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,806 times
Quote:
Love ya
Why don't you let them stay in your house/apt or use your car.... for free. I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't go for that. It sounds like these folks have lots of experience playing 'the game'. Sorry, they are nothing but leeches and scum.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:10 PM

Don't blame the sqautters for having the guts to survive, blame your corrupt system for screwing your fellow out of a house. There is no victim in this crime, the only victim is the morality you people posses. Never in my 23 years of living would i rather see a family homeless just because they didnt pay a boat load of cash for something every human being should have by right.

So many foreclosed houses with a growing homeless population, and you think donating can soups and used clothing will help Lmao!!! Put them in a house, why would you discrimate on the poor homeless? Why? It is because they refuse to play by the rules that some corrupt government setup to swindle the hard working out of there home? Please be rational.

And yes I would offer them shelter in my home if they need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas