Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNHL View Post
The potential owner wants to use Nevada over Las Vegas for the team. This is an absolutely horrible idea. The city finally might get a team and you take it away by using Nevada. Bad idea. I will definitely buy a lot less merchandise because of this. I hope when fans get a chance to vote on the team name, they go with Las Vegas.
I think it's a load of crap. The whole state is not going to embrace hockey. There will be some people who passively follow the team because we have one, but unless they plan on selling season tickets in Elko and Reno, I don't get this. I hate state names for professional sports teams. It doesn't seem to have hurt the Broncos not to be called Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 11:56 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I think it's a load of crap. The whole state is not going to embrace hockey. There will be some people who passively follow the team because we have one, but unless they plan on selling season tickets in Elko and Reno, I don't get this. I hate state names for professional sports teams. It doesn't seem to have hurt the Broncos not to be called Colorado.
His partners already said it wasn't going to happen, it will be Las Vegas. He was just speaking in a broad manner trying to be inclusive, but anyone with an ounce of marketing talent could tell him Nevada wasn't the way to go.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Very nice idea for name and love the jerseys, especially the black third jersey. That should be the regular home jersey IMO

Las Vegas Aces Concept Hockey Jersey
To me, basing a team name on a dual-identity is not a good idea.

Is the Aces like cards or aces like flying? Retarded to try and mix it as both.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
To me, basing a team name on a dual-identity is not a good idea.

Is the Aces like cards or aces like flying? Retarded to try and mix it as both.
I think its brilliant. They don't want it to be just gambling so they can say it's actually something else. But most everyone is thinking gambling. It makes for multiple themes for the jerseys too, they really could sell a lot of air force related items even if they know most people are thinking of the cards. Beats the Black Knights which require an education lesson every time someone asks what's that.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:49 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,409 times
I like the Aces name and the uniforms/logo was pretty cool, don't like the Black Knights. Hope the drive goes well.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:21 PM

85 posts, read 87,329 times
NHL commissioner will be in attendance at the ticket drive press conference Tuesday. Guess its a lot more serious then some people think

Old 02-09-2015, 08:24 PM

Wow, the team has recieved 10,000 interests for tickets. I never thought they would get that much interest. Thats great. The team owner already bought a house in Summerlin. Its looks like this is finally going to be a reality

Old 02-10-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNHL View Post
Wow, the team has recieved 10,000 interests for tickets. I never thought they would get that much interest. Thats great. The team owner already bought a house in Summerlin. Its looks like this is finally going to be a reality
Bettman playing hard to get is funny. Telling Las Vegas good luck in this? Why didn't he just say hey look if you get 10k or 12k deposits, or whatever number he deems necessary, he'll ask the owners to approve a team? Is it really that hard to commit to the process when it means a big fat check for the owners and a team in a new market in a state of the art arena?

He needs to understand why he has PR problems and is the only commissioner who gets booed when he's handing out trophies.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Bettman playing hard to get is funny. Telling Las Vegas good luck in this? Why didn't he just say hey look if you get 10k or 12k deposits, or whatever number he deems necessary, he'll ask the owners to approve a team? Is it really that hard to commit to the process when it means a big fat check for the owners and a team in a new market in a state of the art arena?

He needs to understand why he has PR problems and is the only commissioner who gets booed when he's handing out trophies.
I hope we hear something in about a week or so to gauge how things are going on the season ticket sales front. Where did you see the press conference?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:20 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
The FB page was loaded up with people saying they put deposits down.

The ownership group also leaked that they already had a bunch of the suites accounted for before the drive even started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas