Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:12 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
So as many long time regulars know I lived here once before from 2010-2012. I returned in March of last year and here is kind of a summary

I returned to the area I originally lived in the far NW, first by Craig and Decatur, then Ann and Simmons in NLV. The area has grown a lot since 2010-12, this was noticeable with traffic congestion especially on the 215 between Jones and the 95. I got a job at Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace 1 month after moving here thanks to a connection from a former Cosmopolitan co-worker and I'm now earning close to 2x what I made back home in Orlando so that's good

Having grown tired of the long commute from the NW I moved to SW Las Vegas off Rainbow near Blue Diamond. I have a great roommate and as time has passed I've slowly furnished by my new apartment and have made it a home. I also love the 15 minute commute to work as opposed to the old 35 minute commute

I'm still single though I am having fun with some lovely ladies on occasion, and enjoying my days off I get from work to the fullest. I'm spending more time outdoors at Red Rock and Mt Charleston and less time partying. Though I will admit getting into almost every club on the strip for free and drinking for free is an amazing perk of working in nightlife. It's also by far the most fun job I've ever had

Overall this time around it's been a much more positive experience than it was 6 years ago. I don't post as much anymore because I learned some hard lessons posting all my personal drama here the first time and am just enjoying life and everything this amazing city has to offer

Just wanted to share that with all of you.
This post is very enlightening for newcomers: it's rarely the city that decides what kind of life you live, it's what you personally make of it. Glad to hear you've carved out a nice lifestyle for yourself, Davie. Good job, good roommate, good commute. YOU made all that happen, not the city. Good for you!

Working at one of the best clubs in the world at such a young age must be fun. I bet you'll have stories to tell well into your old age. Milk it for all its worth and don't take it for granted. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 685 times
My husband and I are going to relocate by the end of this year, probably December 2017 or January 2018. That said, does anybody have input on areas to live that would be close to where the law firms, etcetera are located in Las Vegas. I will be doing temp work there as I'll be retiring from the state of California. Thanks, in advance.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babs95821 View Post
My husband and I are going to relocate by the end of this year, probably December 2017 or January 2018. That said, does anybody have input on areas to live that would be close to where the law firms, etcetera are located in Las Vegas. I will be doing temp work there as I'll be retiring from the state of California. Thanks, in advance.
I would recommend you start your own thread if you have questions specific to your situation. You will get more responses that way.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:11 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
This post is very enlightening for newcomers: it's rarely the city that decides what kind of life you live, it's what you personally make of it. Glad to hear you've carved out a nice lifestyle for yourself, Davie. Good job, good roommate, good commute. YOU made all that happen, not the city. Good for you!

Working at one of the best clubs in the world at such a young age must be fun. I bet you'll have stories to tell well into your old age. Milk it for all its worth and don't take it for granted. :-)
Thank you very much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: