Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM

15 posts, read 20,713 times

Advertisements

Hi all. I had shared another post re: Sunrise Manor area input and received so many helpful responses so -thank you! After some discussion with hubby, we are expanding our search WAY North (East Centennial Parkway by N Pecos Rd). I do recognize it is close to Nellis Airforce base but I researched noise levels on other forums here and it didn't sound like anything horrific to deal with. (Please share otherwise if you are in the area!). I'm LOVING that there are so many little shopping areas close by (to the west - Target, Kohls, supermarkets, pretty safe parks, restaurants and bars, etc). Also noted the crime rate seems to be somewhat less in that entire span of that area.

The home builds we are looking at in that new area are with Richmond American Homes. I've been doing TONS of research and literally have read HORROR stories, but also read rave reviews for that builder in the Vegas area. Generally, I'm finding that every builder (that's in our price range anyway) has this same issue. I'm finding good and bad.

Since you were all so helpful on my other post, would absolutely appreciate and value any input on A) Richmond American Homes and B) the area we are looking at.

Thanks so much, y'all rock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 09:53 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Rpinta, what is your budget?

Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Rpinta, what is your budget?
We are looking to stay at $300,000 WITH potential upgrades factored in. Also needs to be a lot size that would allow a small pool eventually.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:14 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Stay WEST of 15 and North of Craig. It’s been said many many times. At this point I’d even say north of Ann. You couldn’t pay me to live near Pecos. Heck even where my rental property is (89081) is going downhill. It hits the market in 2 weeks

Why are you looking new? At 300 you’re not getting anything decent. 8 foot backyard

Old 01-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Stay WEST of 15 and North of Craig. It’s been said many many times. At this point I’d even say north of Ann. You couldn’t pay me to live near Pecos. Heck even where my rental property is (89081) is going downhill. It hits the market in 2 weeks

Why are you looking new? At 300 you’re not getting anything decent. 8 foot backyard
Hi. Thank you for the feedback. The specific area we are looking is well north of Craig and West of 15. Also north of Ann. We are looking new because for the cost of a pre-owned home we can build new on a larger lot far north in Vegas. We aren't looking for an enormous home, approx 2000 sq ft or under, and lot sizes look to accommodate a small pool - so far so good. Just asking if others are familiar with that particular area and if anyone was familiar with Richmond American Homes and their 50/50 feedback scores. Thanks.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
That’s north Las Vegas. Plenty under 300. You can get a nice preowned for under 300. The house we are selling is going to be 250k and 1800sf

Old 01-10-2019, 07:05 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,705,983 times
I lived in Providence at Highgate in a Richmond American Home built in 2014. Loved the area. House was very well built and nice, good finish work. No idea if that is still the case. If you have never built a semi-custom home, beware all the upgrades and add-ons. A pool will cost you now and forever. Have had a few (still have one in Florida). Too many days in Vegas are too cool and too windy for me to want a pool there.

Window treatment is not cheap. Everything you do after closing is cash out of pocket. It adds up fast. What's your HOA and what do you get for it?

New houses sound great until you pay for everything. If you sell, you may not get your money back out of everything you put in it.

The area you are looking at is not what I consider that far north, but it sure is way east of where we were (Hualapai and Deer Springs). I don't know what it's like that far east.

Last edited by movin1; 01-10-2019 at 07:13 PM..

Old 01-11-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
I lived in Providence at Highgate in a Richmond American Home built in 2014. Loved the area. House was very well built and nice, good finish work. No idea if that is still the case. If you have never built a semi-custom home, beware all the upgrades and add-ons. A pool will cost you now and forever. Have had a few (still have one in Florida). Too many days in Vegas are too cool and too windy for me to want a pool there.

Window treatment is not cheap. Everything you do after closing is cash out of pocket. It adds up fast. What's your HOA and what do you get for it?

New houses sound great until you pay for everything. If you sell, you may not get your money back out of everything you put in it.

The area you are looking at is not what I consider that far north, but it sure is way east of where we were (Hualapai and Deer Springs). I don't know what it's like that far east.
Hi! thanks so much for the feedback on your Richmond American Home. Good to hear. We are learning quite quickly about upgrades and what is "standard" (um maybe the four walls, the roof, and some plumbing...lol) - but thank you for that careful reminder! We are being very conservative with prospective upgrades because of that exact worry about not getting the $$$ back.

Pools - yep, my husband is stuck on putting one in eventually despite what I'm hearing to be astronomical costs!

Lastly, we will be checking out the area first hand in February most likely (flying out, we live in RI currently). So far all the online research I'm doing is shows low crime in that area, lots of conveniences like new shopping plazas, markets, coffee shop, etc.

Thanks again for your input!

Old 01-12-2019, 08:37 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpinta View Post
Hi all. I had shared another post re: Sunrise Manor area input and received so many helpful responses so -thank you! After some discussion with hubby, we are expanding our search WAY North (East Centennial Parkway by N Pecos Rd). I do recognize it is close to Nellis Airforce base but I researched noise levels on other forums here and it didn't sound like anything horrific to deal with. (Please share otherwise if you are in the area!). I'm LOVING that there are so many little shopping areas close by (to the west - Target, Kohls, supermarkets, pretty safe parks, restaurants and bars, etc). Also noted the crime rate seems to be somewhat less in that entire span of that area.

The home builds we are looking at in that new area are with Richmond American Homes. I've been doing TONS of research and literally have read HORROR stories, but also read rave reviews for that builder in the Vegas area. Generally, I'm finding that every builder (that's in our price range anyway) has this same issue. I'm finding good and bad.

Since you were all so helpful on my other post, would absolutely appreciate and value any input on A) Richmond American Homes and B) the area we are looking at.

Thanks so much, y'all rock!
The development behind me is Richmond American and the houses all look to be having stucco problems. Mine is 5 years older and stucco looks great.

I don't know if that's a wider problem with that builder or not.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:38 PM

96 posts, read 80,527 times
Check here Centennial Hills overview:

Last edited by Yac; 11-23-2020 at 05:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas