Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 07:38 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,736,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
Wow. Thats quite an experience . You ever see any of Phil Schneider's videos? He was an employee at Area 51. He ended up getting murdered for speaking. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...r+documentary+
I did a search to see if anyone had a similar experience but couldn't find anything. There is some website where people can list UFO sightings but didn't see anything. I also searched to see if any type of aircraft was being developed that would be able to hover at 30,000 to 40,000 feet but nothing published.

I think I know which guy you are talking about but will have to look at the tube video again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,811,445 times
I don't believe in UFO's - yet I had an experience about three years ago I cannot explain.

I was cruising on my Harley trike, heading North from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City. I had just turned North on the ET Highway at approximately midnight after having a meal at the Little A'Le'Inn in Rachel Nevada. I love being out in the desert alone on beautiful Nevada backroads.

Seemingly out of nowhere, bright lights hit my bike from behind. And, they were rapidly approaching me - at what I estimated to be approximately 200 MPH. I'm a retired cop and a Bonneville Salt Flats speed official, I consider myself a good judge of speed. I slowed from 60 MPH down to about 40 MPH, and the lights disappeared. I resumed cruising.

The lights appeared again behind me. This time I tapped my brakes and slowed to 30 MPH. The lights came up on me fast and then turned East and headed out into the desert. Now, this area of desert is not exactly smooth - it's bumpy and filled with sagebrush. I know of no vehicle, no matter how large or expensive, that can travel across the desert at 200 MPH.

I watched as the lights moved East - and they quickly disappeared. There was no noise made by whatever it was, just the soothing throb of the Harley in the night.

I'm not trying to convince readers of UFO's. Frankly, I doubt virtually all the stories about them I hear. But, I do know I experienced something out of place and odd. It keeps me up some nights thinking about it. It wasn't scary - it was just weird and unusual. I've not had an experience like that before, or since.

Hunter

Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 AM

220 posts, read 140,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
I don't believe in UFO's - yet I had an experience about three years ago I cannot explain.

I was cruising on my Harley trike, heading North from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City. I had just turned North on the ET Highway at approximately midnight after having a meal at the Little A'Le'Inn in Rachel Nevada. I love being out in the desert alone on beautiful Nevada backroads.

Seemingly out of nowhere, bright lights hit my bike from behind. And, they were rapidly approaching me - at what I estimated to be approximately 200 MPH. I'm a retired cop and a Bonneville Salt Flats speed official, I consider myself a good judge of speed. I slowed from 60 MPH down to about 40 MPH, and the lights disappeared. I resumed cruising.

The lights appeared again behind me. This time I tapped my brakes and slowed to 30 MPH. The lights came up on me fast and then turned East and headed out into the desert. Now, this area of desert is not exactly smooth - it's bumpy and filled with sagebrush. I know of no vehicle, no matter how large or expensive, that can travel across the desert at 200 MPH.

I watched as the lights moved East - and they quickly disappeared. There was no noise made by whatever it was, just the soothing throb of the Harley in the night.

I'm not trying to convince readers of UFO's. Frankly, I doubt virtually all the stories about them I hear. But, I do know I experienced something out of place and odd. It keeps me up some nights thinking about it. It wasn't scary - it was just weird and unusual. I've not had an experience like that before, or since.

Hunter
Wow, that's some experience. So you you think it was hovering of the ground behind you?

Old 04-18-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
So you you think it was hovering of the ground behind you?
Yes. However, I saw no vehicle as the lights were very bright and washed out everything around me. It simply looked like very bright headlights.

Hunter

Old 04-18-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTES View Post
Yes. However, I saw no vehicle as the lights were very bright and washed out everything around me. It simply looked like very bright headlights.

Hunter
That's pretty dam scary.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:59 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,950 times
Anyone ever hear of this place in Utah? I first heard about it on the radio. https://the-line-up.com/skinwalker-ranch

Old 04-18-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Anyone ever hear of this place in Utah?
The ET Highway is accessed by Highway 93 just north of Las Vegas. When headed North on 93, take Highway 375 - which is called the Extraterrestrial Highway. It comes close to the infamous Area 51 and there are many UFO sitings here. The infamous "Black Mailbox" (which is actually white) will be on your left as you approach Rachel.

A word of warning - there is nothing out there but desert and more desert. I took my wife there once - and she says the trip will last her for a lifetime.

Hunter

Old 04-18-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Anyone ever hear of this place in Utah?
Sorry, Unforgiven - it took me a while to realize you may be going in a different direction with this topic than I am.

Other than knowing it's in Northern Utah, nearby Fort Duchesne, no. Interestingly, I've camped in the area but never knew it's odd history. Now that I know about it, I'll have to check it out when I'm up there. Thanks for the tip.

Hunter.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
My uncle with me just days ago saw something strange in the sky, I looked and saw it too and it didn’t look to be a normal plane but I honestly just assumed it’s some military aircraft. Neither of us thought much of it, sure didn’t think aliens haha just I know they do a lot of advanced weapons and aircraft testing in Nevada and it shouldn’t be a huge surprise that there could be an experimental aircraft sighting now and again.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Anyone ever hear of this place in Utah? I first heard about it on the radio. https://the-line-up.com/skinwalker-ranch
I havent heard of it. Just clicked the link. Looks pretty interesting. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas