Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 6,672 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please tell me a little about the Rainwalk Townhomes on Dumont Blvd, off Maryland Parkway. Is it a safe location for a single lady living alone? And more about the surrounding areas, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,850,713 times
Not an area I would necessarily recommend to anyone, let alone a single lady. Try looking more to the southeast from there. Sierra Vista (one block north off of Maryland Pkwy) has a pretty bad reputation.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:09 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,675,048 times
NO NO GEEZ NO !!

While the walkable conveniences is fantastic like the mall right across the street and the great bus service on Maryland, you may not make it there alive.

Your talking the famous Cambridge St which is right off Dumont. That may well be among the worst drug infested areas in LV.

Even Cox Cable dont go back there unless multiple bodies work as a team.

That is known as crack alley. I bet some one can post that crime map again, if not check the police web site where you can type the specific address in.

If you like that area the opposite side of the street behind the mall is not so bad. Or if you can find something off Maryland heading towards the college more is fine. In fact the closer to UNLV you get the safer it is.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,474,151 times
My nephew lived around that area about 6 or 7 years ago with his crack head mother. First time he saw a dead body. Which he had just had a conversation with about 10 minutes before. Poor guy had just moved here to be with his girlfriend who was pregnant with his child.

When ever my husband and I would pick him up, I would stay in the car and lock the doors. No way in Hell was I getting out of the car. Bad area, for a single gal, stay away!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,691,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
NO NO GEEZ NO !!

While the walkable conveniences is fantastic like the mall right across the street and the great bus service on Maryland, you may not make it there alive.

Your talking the famous Cambridge St which is right off Dumont. That may well be among the worst drug infested areas in LV.

Even Cox Cable dont go back there unless multiple bodies work as a team.

That is known as crack alley. I bet some one can post that crime map again, if not check the police web site where you can type the specific address in.

If you like that area the opposite side of the street behind the mall is not so bad. Or if you can find something off Maryland heading towards the college more is fine. In fact the closer to UNLV you get the safer it is.
desertsun is right, the area behind the mall is nice, old vegas and the conveniences are great, but i wouldn't live west of maryland stay east of maryland...

Old 07-02-2008, 11:52 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,474,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
desertsun is right, the area behind the mall is nice, old vegas and the conveniences are great, but i wouldn't live west of maryland stay east of maryland...
Exactly, My Mother in law lived East of the mall, and had no problems.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:55 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala62 View Post
Can anyone please tell me a little about the Rainwalk Townhomes on Dumont Blvd, off Maryland Parkway. Is it a safe location for a single lady living alone? And more about the surrounding areas, thank you very much.
I agree with everybody else. Don't move there. You need to come to Las Vegas first and pick a location to live, so you can see it and the surrounding areas.

You can't pick a place to live off the internet when you obviously have no prior knowledge of Las Vegas and its good and bad areas. As a single lady, you have to be even more careful.

Geez, the area you zeroed in on is one of the worst in the valley......

Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
Used to be the PRIME Apt complex in Las Vegas.....NOW....nopewaynopenoteven.....any single lady living there is probably engaged in a nefarious evening activity.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 PM

95 posts, read 358,599 times
Anything on Maryland PKWY down to about the airport is not the best place to live.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,691,310 times
what do you base this information off of? do you have any reasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas