Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:10 AM

230 posts, read 885,176 times

Advertisements

So, here it is October in the desert and I am thinking it wont be much longer until I cave in and turn on the heat. It's cold in my apartment and I live on the 2nd floor!

My questions to you all are:

What month do you normally turn it on?
What temp do you set it on?
Do you just run it at night?
Average Bill?

I am very surprised that I am already thinking about heat, but then again I am a person who cannot stand to be cold (The reason why Las Vegas was a good choice for me as opposed to staying in Michigan winters ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
I am freaking freezing!!!!!! (At least the sun still shines, though)

Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 AM

38 posts, read 138,373 times
Freezing?? What are the temps at night??
It's been 40's here at night and I don't really use the heat yet. LOL

Old 10-13-2008, 10:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Blame Global Warming???? We're having an Indian Summer up here...leaves were near peak this weekend and it was a beautiful sunny weekend with day temps around 75 nad night temps in the upper 50's.

We don't usually turn heat on until Oct. 1st...and haven't had to yet!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 AM

542 posts, read 1,928,835 times
I was coming here to start the same post!! lol I have been pretty cold all weekend!! I was NOT expecting this yet! However... it's STILL not Ohio cold! I don't like the cold either, that's one of the reasons I moved here too. Give me heat, heat and more heat!!

Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Just curious, when all of you "heat lovers" get into your vehicles on those HOT summer Vegas days, do you turn on your AC in the car or just roll down the windows and enjoy the heat you LIKE? Same goes from when you are home......leave the AC off and open the windows to let that HOT desert heat in?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Just curious, when all of you "heat lovers" get into your vehicles on those HOT summer Vegas days, do you turn on your AC in the car or just roll down the windows and enjoy the heat you LIKE? Same goes from when you are home......leave the AC off and open the windows to let that HOT desert heat in?
Amazingly enough, we don't turn on the A/C right away. In MI, when it was 80 or 90-that air went on. Mostly due to humidity. I can handle the heat, but the humidity makes my crazy. I hate that clammy, sweaty hot.

Here, I find myself ok until about 95-especially in the car. When I pick my daughter up from school, I will sit with the windows open and just enjoy the breeze, even hot.

About mid afternoon, it would get pretty hot in the apt. because the sun blares in the LR window. Otherwise it is ok.

This morning, I turned on the heat in the car. It was like 47 out.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
It's unusually cold here in LV for this time of year. Should be getting back to normal temps (high 70's-low 80's) later this week.

I am definately wimpy, I turned the heat on just before I took my bath this morning...I can't take the cold anymore at all.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:10 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Air goes on at 105 heat goes on at 55 daytime......bedroom/patio door is opened and heat is off until temps get to less then 40 at night

Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM

252 posts, read 906,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post

I usually just sit in the hot car with the windows up for a minute, especially if I'm leaving work, where they air condition the building down to the 60s. Brrr... then windows. Maybe some A/C eventually once I warm up. I definitely prefer 105 to 45 degrees.

I just moved here not too long ago, and people back home keep asking me if houses in LV even have heat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas